Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SW 41 safe problem

3 posters

Go down

SW 41 safe problem Empty SW 41 safe problem

Post by Jack H 7/28/2018, 12:53 pm

I have a S&W 41 that the safe fails to work.  The problem is the pin inside that should snug behind the sear hits the toe on the sear and goes no farther down to snuggle.  It is really really tight to force the pin past the sear if I push the hammer back (barrel off) that is the only way the pin will pass the sear toe.  41 is a 77ish "A" s/n.  It has the cocked indicator removed.

If a range officer wanted a safety demo, I could not comply.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

SW 41 safe problem Empty Re: SW 41 safe problem

Post by Jack H 7/28/2018, 4:13 pm

Any advice on a fix?
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 7/28/2018, 4:24 pm

Sounds like the trigger bar might be the culprit.  Not holding the sear in the correct position.  Of course I'm going to ask Jack, the pistol is cocked correct?
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 7/28/2018, 4:25 pm

It's junk. Drop it off with me tomorrow at Roddys match and I will depose of it safely for you.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 7/28/2018, 5:24 pm

Yeah Len, its crap.  It only shoots 1/2" at 50yds.  I wish I liked the grip better.  I have family, Mother, and work tomorrow.  No match for me.  But I might be able to slip out and give you that Ruger target and HS box.  It's only 22 miles.  Today would have been a much better day for a match, my schedule wise.

KC, not the trigger bar.  The fat part at left side of the pin on the safe hits strong on the sear and wont go past.  The bar is down in the disconnect state or up, either way.  The right end of the pin pushes the bar down OK.    Unless there is something I can't see deeper inside with just the grip off.   Only with the grip and barrel off and push the hammer back further from cocked does the safe pin move down on the sear.  Very hard to do even then. 

Which might be better?  A stone stoke or two on the sear back on the left of on the fat part of the pin?  Really I don't want to take it apart that far anyway.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down