Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running .22 and .45 in sync Through the USMC Pistol Team Work Book

3 posters

Go down

Running .22 and .45 in sync Through the USMC Pistol Team Work Book Empty Running .22 and .45 in sync Through the USMC Pistol Team Work Book

Post by AC Baker 4/15/2024, 7:27 pm

Has anyone out there run their .22 and .45 through the USMC Pistol Team Workbook at the same time? I've been stuck at sharpshooter for a while, primarily because of low .45 scores. With good advice from the forum here I started dry firing with purpose and .45 scores start going up. Concentrating heavily on .45 and .22 scores start to go down. Looking at the USMC Workbook and think that's a great program, but I don't want to loose what I gained with the .45 while running through it with the .22 . My plan would be to complete 1-1, move to 2-1, when completed move to 1-3 then 2-3 and so on. Train both guns through the program at the same time. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
Chris

AC Baker

Back to top Go down

Running .22 and .45 in sync Through the USMC Pistol Team Work Book Empty Re: Running .22 and .45 in sync Through the USMC Pistol Team Work Book

Post by Wobbley 4/15/2024, 8:34 pm

I do. Not to save time but to reinforce the training. Currently I’m training timed fire. My 22 is about 93% my 45 is a little less. In 22 my TF session is at least 50 shots. But the thing is to NOT overtrain. You can easily develop then ingrain some bad habits.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Arthur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Running .22 and .45 in sync Through the USMC Pistol Team Work Book Empty Re: Running .22 and .45 in sync Through the USMC Pistol Team Work Book

Post by AC Baker 4/16/2024, 9:42 am

Thanks Ashley,
  I think my main point I am trying to make is about shooting all three guns with consistent scores in a 2700. I was looking at the results from a couple recent 2700's and the better Masters and High Masters had 900 scores for .22, CF, and .45 that were within 5 to 15 points. Very consistent and pretty amazing I thought. How did they get that consistent? That's when I came up with the plan to start with the basics again and train with both guns all the way through the USMC program. When I first started shooting I shot mostly .22 without any real kind of training regiment and I am still playing catch up with the .45 .

Chris

AC Baker

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 4/16/2024, 10:03 am

One thing to remember, while the order is wee thought out, it isn’t rigid. We had a unique situation at one of Gunny Zins clinics. We got some very cold snowy weather, so most of us repeated the course. One person was hung up on the “10 tens slow fire on a B8 target” he could do 10 in a 10 ring sized group but his groups were moving around a bit. Gunny said to just come back to it but continue the training. It isn’t consecutive training.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AC Baker 4/16/2024, 10:31 am

Got it. Thanks for the advice.

AC Baker

Back to top Go down

Post by ermakevin 4/20/2024, 2:58 pm

good luck to you
ermakevin
ermakevin

AC Baker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down