Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you to Bruce Martindale - Bullseye shooting continues to be fun

3 posters

Go down

Thank you to Bruce Martindale - Bullseye shooting continues to be fun Empty Thank you to Bruce Martindale - Bullseye shooting continues to be fun

Post by Gustavo1957 5/1/2024, 6:50 am

Thank you to Bruce Martindale - Bullseye shooting continues to be fun 2024_c10
Thank you to Bruce Martindale - Bullseye shooting continues to be fun 2024_s10

With Bruce's help and instruction I was able to find a shooting stance that allowed me to compete starting 6 years ago.
I didn't make my goal of 285 this year, I actually dropped a point but I stayed at it figuring out some health issues and learned better how to handle an alibis.
I had a target shift on RF and didn't stop shooting trying to follow it down - won't do that again. Until I do it again.  Just have to stop.
I gun mis feed and I didn't call it but still shot a 284 with 1 round missing.
Another shooter shot my SF target which I called and got to reshoot, but lost my concentration on TF & RF - my fault. 
HBP can cause large black dots blinking in your eyes causing loss of focus. It was a PA who is a shooter clued me in and with an Rx change came out of 270's slump. I also changed my habits and don't eat supper before shoot in the evenings helps minimize acid reflux. 

We have really good team members in both leagues who support each other which makes it fun.

Next year I expect the younger shooters to be taking the lead.

Our Stamford/Richmondville Team has been the lead team for 10 years straight.

So a 67 year old with a 50 year old HS 107 can still compete and enjoy it.

Some of the new guns look great, but I'm not sure they can get me another 5 points.  I'm debating.

Gustavo1957

STEVE SAMELAK, JimH, Richard Ashmore, djperry2, PhotoEscape, valbern67, Thin Man and like this post

Back to top Go down

Thank you to Bruce Martindale - Bullseye shooting continues to be fun Empty Re: Thank you to Bruce Martindale - Bullseye shooting continues to be fun

Post by Tallthinliar 5/1/2024, 9:35 am

Nice inspiring piece. Thank you ! And thank you Bruce for all of your help with our club. Bruce came down for a one day session. Everyone, including our best shooters picked something up.
Frank

Tallthinliar

Back to top Go down

Thank you to Bruce Martindale - Bullseye shooting continues to be fun Empty Re: Thank you to Bruce Martindale - Bullseye shooting continues to be fun

Post by bruce martindale 5/1/2024, 3:21 pm

Congratulations Gus, you put the work into it too.

Thank you Frank, glad to have helped. The book is a good start but to really “Get lt” takes individual attention like the sessions Frank talks of.

I have One-on-One dry fire and live fire training sessions scheduled at a number of clubs. The majority of the emphasis did not involve live fire. You have to set up right and then use your time wisely during range commands.
Easiest sessions to do are New England, NY, NJ, and eastern PA. PM me if you’re interested. There are some longer trips on the horizon too so let me know where you are.

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

samtoast likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down