Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Falcon Machining barrels

5 posters

Go down

Falcon Machining barrels  Empty Falcon Machining barrels

Post by TonyT 8/1/2018, 9:17 am

Did Lou ever make any Falcon barrels after he moved from Scottsdale?

TonyT

Back to top Go down

Falcon Machining barrels  Empty Re: Falcon Machining barrels

Post by OldShooter 12/30/2018, 2:42 pm

OK, necropost I know.  I found this post while looking to see what Lou's barrels were going for these days as I have a couple and am starting to thin my herd a bit.

Anyway, I don't think Lou ever set up his shop a second time in AZ.  I visited his shop at 16402 No. 56th Place in Scottsdale and it was a pretty neat experience.  Really a candy store.  I remember standing with him by his lathe with him holding a barrel.  I am a bit of an amateur machinist, so I asked "How do you put those steel liners in there anyway?"  He kind of smiled and got a twinkle in his eye and said "Very carefully."

I don't think he was doing lot of work in the Scottsdale shop.  More like tinkering or doing things for friends.  We became friends and I talked to him once in a while.  Eventually I made a small web site for him, including magazine article reprints and a ton of testimonial letters he had received.  A year or two after that, he had me remove his contact information from the site and instead state something to the effect that he was not presently accepting new work.  That was when he was still on 56th I'm pretty sure.

I used to get emails from him once in a while, typically car or airplane photo nostalgia of some sort.  Not lately, though, so I just emailed him.  Google didn't show me an obit, so hopefully he is still on this side of the grass.

I still have the web site code.  Here is a reduced jpg of the home page:

Falcon Machining barrels  Falcon10

Last edited by OldShooter on 12/30/2018, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

OldShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 12/30/2018, 3:06 pm

I do miss the source of the best barrels.  I still have one aluminum HS bull barrel, and a 4.5" steel Victor barrel (thanks Arun)   The aluminum barrel today sits on a 103 Sport King

Falcon Machining barrels  Lombar10
Falcon Machining barrels  Lombar11
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by jthude 11/27/2022, 10:38 am

TonyT wrote:Did Lou ever make any Falcon barrels after he moved from Scottsdale?
Tony, 
He did not set up his shop again after moving from Scottsdale. Unfortunately, he passed in 2020.

jthude

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 11/27/2022, 2:34 pm

jthude wrote:
TonyT wrote:Did Lou ever make any Falcon barrels after he moved from Scottsdale?
Tony, 
He did not set up his shop again after moving from Scottsdale. Unfortunately, he passed in 2020.
About 2 years after the OP post….
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldShooter 11/27/2022, 2:45 pm

Wow! Memories.  To my total surprise, the web site I did for Lou is still accessible.  http://www.winternet.com/~mitty/Falcon/  I guess I never took it down.  His original URL, FalconMachining.com, is for sale.

OldShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 1/7/2023, 1:02 am

I just found an old email from Lou telling me a zoning problem occurred for building his new shop.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down