Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lens shades

+2
dronning
tierney
6 posters

Go down

lens shades Empty lens shades

Post by tierney 9/12/2018, 9:11 pm

Last weekend at the Lobster Match I picked up several sets of lens shades for some Sig Romeo 5 reddot units I have.  These were made by Jon Shue who was also there and had the shades with him for the Sig as well as other units for the more popular brands of reddots.  The shade comes in 2 parts: a ring that has a press fit on one end; and threads on the other allowing the user to screw the shade on and off.  He advised to use Loctite 680 on the press fit and press it on in a machinist vise.  I got the 680 from Amazon and have to say it is way easier to apply than the standard red or blue they sell.  The whole job took 10 minutes and came out beautiful.  Thanks Jon

tierney

Back to top Go down

lens shades Empty Re: lens shades

Post by dronning 9/12/2018, 10:02 pm

Jon Shue (Blackmass Custom) has a Facebook page where you can see his work and contact him.  I have his shades on a 9000sc and a couple of H1's, I also have the Tott's shades but prefer Jon's.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Gun-Store/Blackmass-Custom-1728795200666657/

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 9/13/2018, 3:06 am

Has anyone put shades on the Sig STS-081 sight?

Front and back caliper at 1.097" dia.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by rgwellsjr 9/13/2018, 1:22 pm

I'm just curious, why would you want to put a shade on an H-1?  I've seen them with shades but don't have shades on any of my dots.  I've never had any trouble picking up or seeing the dot so I don't know why I would need a shade.  What's the advantage?

rgwellsjr

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 9/13/2018, 1:34 pm

To protect from sun glare, rain and dirt from ejection port.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 9/13/2018, 1:34 pm

don't have to turn up light intensity on  really sunny days that wash out your target. Keeps rain off your optics when shooting at perry. Big ol water drop on your lens sure obscures the dot and target.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down