Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shot my first 900 match today!

5 posters

Go down

shot my first 900 match today! Empty shot my first 900 match today!

Post by armouredbear 9/3/2012, 5:04 am

Went up to lovely Wappinger's Falls, NY today to shoot my first outdoor match - my first match ever - in the Eastern Section of the New York State 2700 Conventional Pistol Championship held at the Dutchess County Pistol Association Range. i could only compete in the .22 leg of the match with my trusty old HS supermatic citation, and i scored a 773-18x. Not master-class shooting by any means, but i'm pretty chuffed!

also, FWIW, i'd like to give a shout out to all the awesome folks at DCPA. They run a lovely operation, they were super helpful and encouraging, and all the shooters up there that i got to talk to were extra nice to this newbie. and especially to Mr. Reginald Thomas, who not only was one of the main organizers, but who took two hours out of his schedule to coach me before my first match!

all in all, a fabulous day was had! did anyone else here shoot at DCPA today or yesterday?
armouredbear
armouredbear

Back to top Go down

shot my first 900 match today! Empty Re: shot my first 900 match today!

Post by Rob Kovach 9/3/2012, 5:32 am

That's a really good score!!

I've been doing this a long time, and my .22 match best is an 802. Why didn't you shoot your longslide for the CF and .45 stages?
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by armouredbear 9/3/2012, 6:34 am

Thanks, Ron! sadly, my longslide and i are not in the same state right now, so currently i'm limited to shooting my HS or my S&W 14-2. additionally, i'm sending it back to clark for some work before i have it sent up here to NYC. my next match is going to be at the Central Jersey Outdoor Championships. At this rate, i should get my classification soon!
armouredbear
armouredbear

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces 9/3/2012, 11:42 pm

Check with Clark before sending them a pistol. A couple weeks ago they told me they were no longer doing work on customer pistols.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 9/4/2012, 12:05 am

His longslide is a Clark, you would think they would repair it....it's probably a good idea for him to check...

armouredbear, if Clark wont take your gun for repairs, I'm sure we can recommend other places. KC's Custom guns is great, or Joe Chambers might me able to get your gun in. You were having a grip safety problem? I just fixed a problem with my grip safety, maybe we can give you the right instructions over the internet?
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseyepistol 9/4/2012, 1:00 am

Clark will do repair work/tuneups on their own pistols. Jim says they are just too busy to do builds from owners' base guns. Call before sending it to them.
bullseyepistol
bullseyepistol

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by armouredbear 9/4/2012, 4:31 am

yeah, i've talked to clark and it's all ok. they will still service their own pistols, like John said above. i think i'm also have them replace the old 50s vintage steel trigger (which bounces when i drop the slide and causes the hammer to fall) and just give it a good once over since i bought it used and just want to make sure that everything is hunky dory.
armouredbear
armouredbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B 9/4/2012, 5:29 am

That's a very respectable score for your first match. Congratulations!

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down