Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.32 ACP reloading

4 posters

Go down

.32 ACP reloading  Empty .32 ACP reloading

Post by orpheoet Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:19 pm

I just ordered a .32 ACP conversion for my Pardini and am curious as to others setup and process. I have a Dillon 550.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

.32 ACP reloading  Empty Re: .32 ACP reloading

Post by tray999 Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Dave,

Do a search here and on TargetTalk on the 32ACP, you will find lots of valuable posts on reloading and shooting the 32ACP with your Pardini!   I know, I was in your shoes....... Laughing
tray999
tray999

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:31 am

What bullets are you going to use?
If you plan to shoot Hornady XTP 60gr JHP, you should get the Hornady sizing die (.311") available as part of a set on individually.  I also highly recommend the powder funnel/expander from forum member "PhotoEscape".  You'll want either the .3145" or .3155" expander tip.  You will also need the X-Small powder bar for the Dillon powder measure.  I use micrometer accessories for the powder measure and seating die.

If you plan to use lead bullets which are typically .314", it's a different setup.
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:09 pm

As mentioned, lots of info available on this and the TT sites, although can be a bit intimidating.

It seems that so far, the absolute best accuracy at 50 yds is from using the 60 gr Hornady XTP bullets. I use Starline brass, and 1.8 gr of N310With an Oal of .894, for that load. I think this is recommended by Pardini USA.

However, the XTP bullets are rather pricey, particularly if you shoot a lot. A close alternative in accuracy is the T&B lead SWCs in .314 size.  These are around 7c each. If you do some searching you will find results in the 2-1/12” + range at 50y. Currently a few are testing a new coated T&B bullet, and others are testing different Hornady bullets.  

With the T&B bullets, I use 1.4 grains N310 for target and short line, and find them to be very accurate. As CKB indicated, I also use the two stage expander that photoescape sells, .3175 size for the lead T&B bullets (I also use a 550). 

You might need to change the magazine springs to those which come in the 22 magazines in order to get reliable feeding. Pardini uses the same magazine for both the heavier 98 gr 32 S&W long bullets as the lighter 60 gr 32 ACP, and it seems that in some cases the result is feeding issues. Ymmv.

Good luck, the 32 ACP is a very enjoyable cartridge.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down