Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot

+18
Diamonds4u
Founder
Joe C
Henry Sapoznik
Rob Kovach
lcambre
radpop
rvlvrlvr
Al
1961MJS
Powderman
John Jones
Gene Hedberg
Whippet
Stephen518
F. Paul Figlia
KC's Kustom
FaisalYamin
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What type of trigger do you Prefer shoot?

Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot Vote_lcap56%Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 76 ]
Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot Vote_lcap37%Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 50 ]
Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot Vote_lcap7%Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 135

Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot Empty Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot

Post by FaisalYamin 6/10/2011, 1:40 pm

Here is a fun Survey to find out what is the preferred choice in trigger setup.
FaisalYamin
FaisalYamin

Back to top Go down

Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot Empty trigger types

Post by KC's Kustom 6/10/2011, 4:50 pm

I would say I'm being asked to build WAY more roll triggers than crisp triggers.
KC's Kustom
KC's Kustom

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot Empty Re: Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot

Post by F. Paul Figlia 6/10/2011, 5:23 pm

Two stage with only about 1 lb left on the second stage consistently works best for me.

F. Paul Figlia
Admin

http://www.figlialaw.com

Back to top Go down

Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot Empty Re: Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot

Post by FaisalYamin 6/10/2011, 5:39 pm

F. Paul Figlia wrote:Two stage with only about 1 lb left on the second stage consistently works best for me.

on a 1911 Smile

FaisalYamin
FaisalYamin

Back to top Go down

Post by F. Paul Figlia 6/10/2011, 6:15 pm

FaisalYamin wrote:
F. Paul Figlia wrote:Two stage with only about 1 lb left on the second stage consistently works best for me.

on a 1911 Smile

Belive it or not, I do have two stage trigger on my Masaki 1911. Dont ask me how it's done but my local pistolsmith was able to do exactly that and it has held its weight to a very consistent 3.75 lbs for over four years now. It doesnt get as much use as it should but it's a beauty of a trigger.

F. Paul Figlia
Admin

http://www.figlialaw.com

Back to top Go down

Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot Empty What type of trigger do you Prefer shoot?

Post by Stephen518 6/10/2011, 6:32 pm

I have a roll trigger on my 45 but I recently started using my Pardini SP1 with an electronic trigger...Wow ! It is supper nice. Much like a roll trigger but nicer.
Stephen518
Stephen518

Back to top Go down

Poll: what type of trigger do you prefer to shoot Empty The other option

Post by Whippet 6/11/2011, 2:21 am

I have a nice crisp trigger on both my Kart and my 45. I've tried two short roll triggers. However, they were so short I could hardly tell there was any roll in them at all. Might as well have been crisp. I'd like to try a long or moderate roll trigger. Next trigger job will be a roll trigger. Then I'll know which I prefer. <G>

Whippet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gene Hedberg 6/11/2011, 2:44 pm

Roll triggers and 3-3.5 lbs - gene
Gene Hedberg
Gene Hedberg

Back to top Go down

Post by John Jones 6/11/2011, 11:19 pm

As an old timer I still have my 1970's series 1911 National Match Gold Cup the only target trigger I have known and competed with.

John Paul Jones

John Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Powderman 6/12/2011, 4:31 am

I like a good roll trigger--to me, it helps address "chicken finger" syndrome.
Powderman
Powderman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1961MJS 6/12/2011, 10:39 pm

Hi

I find it a little easier to NOT yank the trigger with a roll trigger. I can still do it though...

1961MJS

Back to top Go down

Post by Al 6/13/2011, 10:26 am

Having tried a Masaki short roll trigger belonging to a friend of mine, I found I much prefer it to my crisp triggers.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by rvlvrlvr 6/13/2011, 12:38 pm

I gotta try this roll-trigger thing...how would I get one on a S&W Revolver?
rvlvrlvr
rvlvrlvr

Back to top Go down

Post by radpop 6/13/2011, 8:18 pm

Roll as opposed to crisp.
I have a crisp trigger on my S&W 1911PC, spec built for me(didn't know any better @ the time), and somewhat of a roll(medium maybe) on my Caspian 1911.For now, I prefer the Caspian and am having the GREAT MASAKI build another Caspian with a short roll trigger. bounce
radpop
radpop

Back to top Go down

Post by lcambre 6/13/2011, 9:07 pm

Option 4 for me. I have a crisp trigger but have not been able compare it to a roll trigger to see what really is best for me.

lcambre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 7/3/2011, 9:17 am

Mines a roll, I guess i like it...I guess I've never shot a 1911 with a crisp trigger. My .22 is so light that I guess that one is a crisp...I don't know I'd almost want to try a 3.5 roll against a 3.5 crisp to know the difference.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sapoznik 7/3/2011, 9:52 am

Does "roll" mean "travel?" And how much travel is "travel" before it is not "crisp?"
Henry Sapoznik
Henry Sapoznik

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe C 7/3/2011, 10:30 am

I prefer the kind that makes the gun go bang with the same consistent feeling each and every time... ;-)

Respectfully,

Joe C

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 7/3/2011, 10:40 am

Travel/roll two different actions.
Travel is the distance the trigger will move before positive engagement before and after hammer drops, pre-travel. over-travel

Roll is the feel of the trigger set moving prior to releasing the hammer. Cant think of a good analogy for a roll trigger.

Next time you see me at the range I can show you the difference.
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sapoznik 7/3/2011, 11:07 am

You'd better show me because to my untrained brain that sounds like a difference without a distinction. Don't think I'll see you at the range unless we make a date to meet as I figure you are deep in downtown Dryfireville until Perry.

Henry Sapoznik
Henry Sapoznik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 7/3/2011, 5:03 pm

I thought roll was where you press the trigger's weight through the entire travel then it breaks. I thought crisp break was where it doesn't travel at all you hit a spot and it just breaks at that spot. My High Standard does that, I've just never shot a 1911 thats like that.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamonds4u 9/29/2011, 11:49 pm

I really like the Dave Salyer roll trigger.

Diamonds4u

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 9/30/2011, 9:42 am

Roll is just a fancy name for a smooth creep. Think of it like this two cars are sitting on the edge of a cliff, one has it's front wheels right on the edge, any movement and he drops over the edge, the other is sitting 3 feet from the edge, he must "roll" that distance before he goes over the edge. Some like to just fall off the cliff and some like to feel those last few feet before going over. lol!
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B 9/30/2011, 9:31 pm

DavidR wrote:Roll is just a fancy name for a smooth creep. Think of it like this two cars are sitting on the edge of a cliff, one has it's front wheels right on the edge, any movement and he drops over the edge, the other is sitting 3 feet from the edge, he must "roll" that distance before he goes over the edge. Some like to just fall off the cliff and some like to feel those last few feet before going over. lol!

Not trying to start anything, but I don't think you've felt a good roll trigger. I've got 2 and they are perfectly smooth without any indication of creep. Your description of the differences between crisp and roll is very good though.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 10/2/2011, 10:11 am

Yes i have several good roll triggers, and yes they all including yours have creep, but that's the difference in a creepy trigger and a good roll trigger, you never feel the creep. To explain farther for those that have never done a 1911 trigger job. A crisp breaking trigger has its hammer hooks shortened and the sear face cut so it sits right on the edge of the hooks, so applying pressure enough to overcome the spring pressures causes it to "break" contact and fire. A roll trigger has had its hammer hooks left long and the sear cut so that it sits below the edge of the hooks, so when you apply pressure,once the spring pressure is overcome the sear starts to move or "creep" toward the edge, on a good roll job, this creep is never felt but the sear slides smoothly till it reaches the hammer hooks edge then breaks and fires. So every roll trigger by its very nature and design has creep even if you cant feel it.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next