Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini SP New

+4
Dr.Don
dronning
James Hensler
Allgoodhits
8 posters

Go down

Pardini SP New Empty Pardini SP New

Post by Allgoodhits 8/15/2019, 2:22 pm

I have a .22 Pardini SP NEW.

The gun feeds and fires pretty flawless. However, too often, but not often, I get a failure to eject spent case. It does not appear to be magazine related, but since the ejector is part of the magazine it has me wondering. It can be any round of the 5 in a mag, except the 5th round.

The typical condition is that the next live round has been stripped from the magazine and partially (maybe 50%) chambered, but the spent brass which was extracted gets hung up on the recoil spring rod and not ejected, thus causing a jam which is not easily cleared quickly.  It happens with either CCI SV, ELY or Norma ammo. The gun and mags are clean, and I have changed the recoil spring, but not the buffer.

Thanks,

MJ

Last edited by Allgoodhits on 8/15/2019, 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clean mags)
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP New Empty Re: Pardini SP New

Post by James Hensler 8/15/2019, 3:25 pm

I have a few thousand rounds through mine and I finally had a failure to eject on Tue! I am taking notes from this post. I don’t know why it happened to me so hopefully someone with experience can tell us
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 8/15/2019, 4:02 pm

From TargetTalk:
==================
"Had a similar issue on an HP conversion project switching to .32 ACP from .32L.
After numerous trial and error attempts changing and reshaping various parts, the easiest solution was to ever-so-slightly and carefully bend the ejector inward on the magazine.
Tilting the magazine protrusion inward about 10 degrees caused it to impact the case rim lower and more on the centerline, in effect causing a bigger "bite" on the case and forcing stronger and earlier ejection.
Might be worth a try on one magazine as an inexpensive fix. You can always move the ejector back if unsuccessful.

Keith"
==================

I had a couple of FTE on a 6" Bullseye SP but I just cleaned the mags and it went away.  I saved this in case I started to have FTE's again.
Here is the complete thread:
http://ttorg.targettalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27446&sid=0600d259e954a4aa3ffed7b2f82b286d#p137702
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don 8/15/2019, 4:09 pm

Something similar has been posted recently. Make sure the mags are clean internally. Insert a fired case in the chamber, then insert a loaded magazine. Slowly pull the bolt back and watch closely. If the tip of the next round at the top of the mag contacts the case being extracted it can cause a failure to eject. It can be caused by a dirty mag resulting in the round being held at the wrong angle.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by swissyhawk 8/15/2019, 6:06 pm

I had a similar problem when I got my Pardini.   It didn’t happen very often, but it was annoying when it did.  I had four magazines.  I ended up numbering them and discovered that it was always the same magazine when the failure to eject occurred.  I now only use that magazine for dry firing.  I haven’t had another failure to eject.

swissyhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 8/15/2019, 8:30 pm

I second what Dr. Don said. In addition you can draw with marker on the back of that case and see where the true point of impact is with the ejector/magazine.  It's likely thet you may need some careful bending to the top of the magazine so that 1. Ejector points spent case in the right direction and 2. New round feeding does not interact with spent case extraction. If neither occurs then it may be the timing, which is related more to spring tension or buffer if there is one.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 8/16/2019, 12:58 pm

One step at a time. I did install a new buffer, and fired 100 rds in it today using 3 magazines which had rendered the occasional problems. It ran 100% today with those 100 rds. I will not clean it, and shoot another 100 rds and see what happens.

Regarding the magazines. By eye the ejector position and angle seems the same among the magazines.

Standby...
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 8/18/2019, 3:49 pm

Update on malf.

Today at 132 rds I had the same type of malf as experienced previously. It occurred again at about 160rds. This time it was the same magazine both times. I will try the slight bending of the ejector inward on that magazine as was suggested.

MJ
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunker 8/25/2019, 8:20 am

MJ,

Outcome of the inward bend on the ejector on the one mag?

Mine all appear to be in the same position.  Did the one mag. you identify as troublesome look to be in an outward direction compare to your others that function fine?

I have switched from 711B ammo to CCI std. recently and need to clean my mags. more frequently.

Plunker

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 8/25/2019, 7:55 pm

Plunker wrote:MJ,

Outcome of the inward bend on the ejector on the one mag?

Mine all appear to be in the same position.  Did the one mag. you identify as troublesome look to be in an outward direction compare to your others that function fine?

I have switched from 711B ammo to CCI std. recently and need to clean my mags. more frequently.

I have not had the opportunity to test fire since slightly bending the ejector "inward" on that one magazine.

MJ
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 8/28/2019, 2:32 pm

Latest on the malf involving FTE spent brass, while partially chamber next live round. I had spoken to someone else who has a fair amount of experience with these. He advised the following:

Take a known good magazine and while holding it upright, while looking at it from the rear, note how the extractor stands straight up. Then compare to the known faulty mag. Sure enough the faulty mags extractor had a slight lean to the left or away from mag center. Some careful slight bending inward, has the extractor standing vertical.

I put 100rds through it today, using CCI, bulk CMP Ely and Norma TAC with that mag. No issues....yet.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunker 8/28/2019, 3:20 pm

MJ,
 Great news!!

Plunker

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 8/28/2019, 4:11 pm

Great news!!

It appears the key was I had been looking downward at the mags from the top. IOW. looking at the top of the follower. From that vantage, they pretty much looked alike. However, when looking the magazine in a vertical manner from the rear, I could see a slight tilt of the follower to the left or outward. A hundred rounds isn't enough, but it is darn good start. We will see. Pardini SP New 1883569342
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunker 8/29/2019, 6:51 pm

MJ,

As you surely know shooting the next match will let you know if it's a 100%

But sounds to me like you got it sorted out . 

I just order a new 5" SP BE today.  Smile

Plunker

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 8/29/2019, 7:20 pm

As you surely know shooting the next match will let you know if it's a 100%

But sounds to me like you got it sorted out . 

I just order a new 5" SP BE today.  Smile

Match Murphy will surely be the test.

Awesome on the new Pardini. I have two. A real old Fiocchi Pardini in .32 S&W L that I would like to sell, cheap. The other is an SP New from Larry's guns. Probably early 2000's. I would like to get the newer one, because of conversion versatility.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravy 5/3/2020, 10:28 am

There might be something here to help - FTE resolution (https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t14472-the-annals-of-troubleshooting-a-pardini-sp-be-22#126110).  I experienced the same thing and spent a bit of time resolving the issue.

Gravy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down