Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on Zero Bullets Loaded Ammo?

+5
Steve B
DavidR
BE Mike
jakuda
ddivins
9 posters

Go down

Thoughts on Zero Bullets Loaded Ammo? Empty Thoughts on Zero Bullets Loaded Ammo?

Post by ddivins Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:30 pm

I do not load/reload for various reasons and I do not see myself getting into that aspect of the sport so commercial ammo for me.

Anyway, I just ordered some .45ACP 185gr SWC loaded ammo from Zero Bullets. They say they are set for ~810fps and the price seemed attractive.

Anyone use them or have thoughts on this ammo?

I'll post my opinions when it arrives (may be awhile).

Thanks!
dsd

ddivins

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Zero Bullets Loaded Ammo? Empty Re: Thoughts on Zero Bullets Loaded Ammo?

Post by jakuda Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:12 pm

Don't have experience with the Zero ammo, but I know of a few high masters who shoots the stuff.

Does Brian Zins still sell his ammo? his pricing was pretty fair as well.

Also Neil supposedly sells match ammo and reloads, however his website hasn't been updated in a while.... http://www.nsksales.com/

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Zero Bullets Loaded Ammo? Empty Re: Thoughts on Zero Bullets Loaded Ammo?

Post by BE Mike Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:38 am

I have experience with Zero ammo. I have no complaints and the price is right.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:03 am

Zero loaded is what Phillip Hemphill shoots as he is part of team zero, he also won the nationals a couple of years ago.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:19 am

I know Brian shoots their JHP loads but I haven't heard anything about their SWC loads. Post a review when you get the opportunity.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Keefer Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:17 am

The best barrel tester target I have ever shot, was with the Zero Nosler style 185 gr. loads. I sent the target to Jim Collins at Zero. Their goal is to produce the most accurate Bullseye ammo available. That box of ammo certainly was the best I ever saw.. If I can find the pic, I'll post it...
Jerry
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by ddivins Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:17 pm

I have received the ammo, so pretty quick turnaround.

Now I just need a .45ACP as I just sold mine...

ddivins

Back to top Go down

Post by ddivins Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:12 pm

I have shot about 200 rounds with the loaded Zero now.

After trying 4 different Magazines, Check-Mate's 7round Wadcutter magazine works flawlessly on my gun.

The ammo itself seems very good. A bit smokier and dirtier than I am used to in commercial hardball ammo but I have no real target comps here.

I will probably pick up some more as the price is decent and it works.

Best,
dsd

ddivins

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:03 am

Lead bullets have lube, while copper jacketed do not. The lube causes smoke.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilot7576 Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:44 pm

Found the website...do they use the 185 jhp at all?

Last edited by Pilot7576 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting)

Pilot7576

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter Thu May 02, 2013 12:59 pm

I shoot with both John Zurek and Steve Reiter at the Phoenix Rod & Gun Club. Both of them are members of Team Zero and both shoot the Zero ammo. Last year I was scoring Steve and he was expressing his disappointment with some off-call hits at the 50. He mentioned that he was using the Zero reloads that had mixed brass. The next target he switched to the NEW Zero loads and his score went back to the high 90s.
When possible, he now uses NEW ammo at the 50 and the reloads at the short line...with very good results.

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter Thu May 02, 2013 1:04 pm

From my observations and those of several of my fellow shooters, the Nosler 185 bullets have changed in recent years and NOT for the better. The Zero 185 JHP bullet looks virtually identical to the old Nosler and performs exceptionally well, at least as well as the OLD Nosler.

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Thu May 02, 2013 2:21 pm

mbmshooter wrote:From my observations and those of several of my fellow shooters, the Nosler 185 bullets have changed in recent years and NOT for the better. The Zero 185 JHP bullet looks virtually identical to the old Nosler and performs exceptionally well, at least as well as the OLD Nosler.

I have heard the same from Roddy about the new vs old Nosler. Not that the new Nosler is bad. It's just not quite as good.

I am about to try "new" Noslers and Hornady 185 JHP and JSWC in my N45 S&W (1955 Model). The old Horn. 200gr JSWC were very very good with 4.8gr BE and rimmed cases.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down