Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing anything for the last few points! Lol!

+3
mikemyers
Al
James Hensler
7 posters

Go down

Doing anything for the last few points! Lol!  Empty Doing anything for the last few points! Lol!

Post by James Hensler 8/28/2020, 12:54 pm

So I was reading online about knee supports mounted inside the body are not considered artificial. Wonder how many matches I will get before someone protest me! Lol
Doing anything for the last few points! Lol!  2b73fe10
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Doing anything for the last few points! Lol!  Empty Re: Doing anything for the last few points! Lol!

Post by Al 8/28/2020, 1:21 pm

OUCH!
That is NOT gonna buff right out.

Al

James Hensler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Doing anything for the last few points! Lol!  Empty Re: Doing anything for the last few points! Lol!

Post by James Hensler 8/28/2020, 1:46 pm

No it’s not! Lmao
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 8/28/2020, 1:55 pm

It hurts me just to look at your photo.

Instead of a "penalty" deducted from your score, you should get a "handicap bonus" added to your score!

I hope it doesn't hurt as much as it looks like it would..........
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/28/2020, 2:02 pm

I’m fine 

My checklist 

Meds
Meds
Beer 
Meds
James Hensler
James Hensler

Al likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b 8/28/2020, 2:22 pm

Number one thing I can tell you as I know a few folks who have had that procedure.... do your exercises and PT. My BIL's brother didn't and his knee is worse than before. My wife is very happy she had hers done.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/28/2020, 2:33 pm

weber1b wrote:Number one thing I can tell you as I know a few folks who have had that procedure.... do your exercises and PT. My BIL's brother didn't and his knee is worse than before. My wife is very happy she had hers done.
You are spot on with that sir! I am already at 100% extension without any pain but I am only at 70 Degrees of flex!
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 8/28/2020, 3:17 pm

I had a flex issue the extension was great the first day. Dr got tired of hearing from PT staff about it and at my 3 week office visit he told me to be back at the Hospital that afternoon at 5PM. Back into pre-op, rolled down to the OR, knocked out and the Dr bent my leg (Reversion??) and broke all of the scar tissue ( I was told you could hear it break) that was in the way.  Fifteen minute I am in post-op getting dressed and I was walking out and knee was working right. I had to compress the knee to the point that it hurt a good bit three times a day for 10 minutes each to keep the scar tissue from coming back. That took a month.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 8/28/2020, 3:31 pm

James Hensler wrote:So I was reading online about knee supports mounted inside the body are not considered artificial. Wonder how many matches I will get before someone protest me! Lol
Once you are past the current issue, we can discuss the internal mode for the shooting wrist/hand that gives you a 100% guaranteed locked wrist for every shot at every match. It is only about 1\6 the cost of the knee and there is no PT required.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/28/2020, 4:10 pm

REConley wrote:
James Hensler wrote:So I was reading online about knee supports mounted inside the body are not considered artificial. Wonder how many matches I will get before someone protest me! Lol
Once you are past the current issue, we can discuss the internal mode for the shooting wrist/hand that gives you a 100% guaranteed locked wrist for every shot at every match. It is only about 1\6 the cost of the knee and there is no PT required.
Maybe we could all get a group purchase
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/28/2020, 4:12 pm

REConley wrote:I had a flex issue the extension was great the first day. Dr got tired of hearing from PT staff about it and at my 3 week office visit he told me to be back at the Hospital that afternoon at 5PM. Back into pre-op, rolled down to the OR, knocked out and the Dr bent my leg (Reversion??) and broke all of the scar tissue ( I was told you could hear it break) that was in the way.  Fifteen minute I am in post-op getting dressed and I was walking out and knee was working right. I had to compress the knee to the point that it hurt a good bit three times a day for 10 minutes each to keep the scar tissue from coming back. That took a month.
That is my biggest fear! I know I have some forming and every time I flex it move I swear I can feel it tear and feel the heat
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Deerspy 8/28/2020, 4:28 pm

I had both knees done about 9 years ago best thing is do them exercises all they tell you to do then due then all one more time all is good now!

Deerspy

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 8/28/2020, 6:32 pm

James Hensler wrote:
REConley wrote:I had a flex issue the extension was great the first day. Dr got tired of hearing from PT staff about it and at my 3 week office visit he told me to be back at the Hospital that afternoon at 5PM. Back into pre-op, rolled down to the OR, knocked out and the Dr bent my leg (Reversion??) and broke all of the scar tissue ( I was told you could hear it break) that was in the way.  Fifteen minute I am in post-op getting dressed and I was walking out and knee was working right. I had to compress the knee to the point that it hurt a good bit three times a day for 10 minutes each to keep the scar tissue from coming back. That took a month.
That is my biggest fear! I know I have some forming and every time I flex it move I swear I can feel it tear and feel the heat

My daily home PT schedule from the DR included bending that knee as far as possible, to include wrapping a belt or similar item around my ankle and pulling as hard as I could to aide the knee bend. Mine would not bend. Sounds like you are having more success. I would do that as often as I could stand for the first couple of weeks. BTW peddling a stationary bicycle also helped a lot. Slide the seat back to aide in starting and then move closer to handlebars to increase the knee bend. Peddling backwards at first may help if you can not peddle forward to begin with. 

Good luck.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by aub1957 8/29/2020, 10:06 am

You guys are making my knees ache talking about this.

I work at a medical school and watched a doc do a simulated knee replacement demonstration for the students one day (on foam bones). He did it the "old" way where they used hand tools. I was looking at the tools and I was thinking to myself "these are just carpenter's tools." It was an impressive and expensive tool kit (Stryker was the brand I think), but not a lot different from what a carpenter would utilize.

The doc said they use a robot now as it is much more precise.

aub1957

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/29/2020, 11:40 am

I asked the Mayo Clinc which did mine last week about Robotically doing my knee and the surgeon said less than 10% of insurance companies paid for it. It adds 30k to the bill.
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down