Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EIC Match Limitations Question and the National Matches Rimfire Pistol Match

3 posters

Go down

EIC Match Limitations Question and the National Matches Rimfire Pistol Match Empty EIC Match Limitations Question and the National Matches Rimfire Pistol Match

Post by ScottB Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:22 pm

Does the National Matches .22 Rimfire Pistol Match count against the five regularly sanctioned EIC matches I can shoot per calendar year?

The 2024 CMP Pistol Rules Section 9.3.3 limits non-distinguished competitors to five EIC matches per calendar year where they can earn EIC points for each badge category.  Under section 9.3.3 a non-distinguished competitor can also compete in the NTI and CMP sponsored Special EIC matches which do not count as one of the five regularly sanctioned EIC matches.

The M9 match is the only Special Match I am aware of so seven potential points matches for service pistol per year (five regular + NTI + M9 match).

Section 7.4 of the rule book covers the National Trophy Pistol Events.  Section 7.4.2 provides details about the NTI and 7.4.5 the .22 Rimfire Match.  Since only the NTI is spelled out in Section 9.3.3 and there is no NTI .22 match, does this mean that if I shoot the .22 match at Camp Perry it will count as one of my five EIC matches for the year?  Or is it NOT considered a regularly sanctioned EIC match and given the same treatment as the NTI?

Thanks,

Scott
ScottB
ScottB

Back to top Go down

EIC Match Limitations Question and the National Matches Rimfire Pistol Match Empty Re: EIC Match Limitations Question and the National Matches Rimfire Pistol Match

Post by chiz1180 Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:07 am

For planning purposes, I always included Perry in my five 22 EIC matches. I personally was never able to max out all five matches in a year.
chiz1180
chiz1180

ScottB likes this post

Back to top Go down

EIC Match Limitations Question and the National Matches Rimfire Pistol Match Empty Re: EIC Match Limitations Question and the National Matches Rimfire Pistol Match

Post by MkFiji Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:37 am

I was just wondering that today as I was planning the year

I sent an email off to CMP rules and will repost when I get a response

MkFiji

chiz1180 and ScottB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottB Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:20 am

MkFiji wrote:I was just wondering that today as I was planning the year

I sent an email off to CMP rules and will repost when I get a response
Thanks!  I've been doing the exact same thing, trying to plan out which EIC matches I'm going to shoot this year.

To be safe I'm counting the Camp Perry match as one of my five until I hear otherwise.  I don't want to assume it is not included and find out otherwise after I've shot a match where I'm not eligible for points and where my participation doesn't count towards the number of legs.
ScottB
ScottB

MkFiji likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MkFiji Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 am

Great news!

They don’t count against the 5 match limit!

EIC Match Limitations Question and the National Matches Rimfire Pistol Match Img_5210

MkFiji

chiz1180 and ScottB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottB Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:41 pm

That is great news!  Thank you for posting the answer you got from the CMP.

Scott
ScottB
ScottB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down