Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have been looking here for a long time

5 posters

Go down

Have been looking here for a long time Empty Have been looking here for a long time

Post by 69daytona 2/1/2014, 4:39 pm

I have been reading this site for a long time figured it was time to join. I have been shooting for 40+ years and started to collect all the guns and equipment needed for Bullseye shooting last year, Have most everything I need except for a gun box.
My only problem now is I bought a new house last year and fell off the roof 2 days after moving in, so that puts a halt to one handed shooting since I broke my shoulder and shoulder blade on my shooting hand along with a few bones in my hand.
Starting to heal but can not hold any of my guns up long enough to aquire the sights.
Hopefully in a few months it will all be healed and I can start training.
I am in Sacramento, Ca.

69daytona

Back to top Go down

Have been looking here for a long time Empty Re: Have been looking here for a long time

Post by DeweyHales 2/1/2014, 6:41 pm

A few years ago, I was on a motorcycle and got hit by an SUV. At that point, I learned to shoot with my weak hand. It's a good skill to have. I switched back when I could but it made me a much better shooter. I had a lot of bad habits I was able to correct shooting left versus right hand. 

Welcome, and get better soon.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Have been looking here for a long time Empty Re: Have been looking here for a long time

Post by CR10X 2/1/2014, 7:10 pm

As Dewey said, it doesn't hurt to work some with the "off" hand.  I've been through only being able to shoot with my off hand twice.  Most recent was this past year.  It takes some time to heal from major surgery or accidents, but you can take advantage and start training anyway.  It's the same brain running both sides :-))  Still shot some good scores left handed, it was always timed and rapid where I lost the most points.
So, go ahead and give it a try.  You can train on understaing sight alignment versus sight picture with either hand.  It's the brain that needs the practice on what good alighment looks like.  

Cecil

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye10X 2/1/2014, 11:20 pm

69Daytona,

Here's to a speedy recovery and you getting back on the range.  Salud!

Bullseye10X

http://bullseyepistol.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Lang 2/2/2014, 10:40 am

69Daytona,
Welcome to the Bullseye-L forum.
Larry Lang
Larry Lang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down