Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts?

+8
croesler
Scota4570
jdumdei
Rodger Barthlow
bruce martindale
inthebeech
james r chapman
tomd999
12 posters

Go down

Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts? Empty Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts?

Post by tomd999 6/21/2024, 9:40 am

Hiya,

I used to get them from Brownell’s but the’ve been on back order for like forever it seems. I have a couple revolvers I use for steel/action and with the velocity needed for power factors along with the long jump from case to forcing cone they lead pretty well…..

Thanks,
Tom

tomd999

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts? Empty Re: Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts?

Post by james r chapman 6/21/2024, 10:19 am

Try just using chore boy copper scrubber wires twisted on a cleaning brush. Mount it in a drill. Should work for you.

Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts? Img_5910
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Al likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts? Empty Re: Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts?

Post by inthebeech 6/21/2024, 10:54 am

LS Stuff
They're mostly known for (excellent) cast bullet lube but I saw the LLR kits there as well.

Last edited by inthebeech on 7/1/2024, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 6/21/2024, 12:38 pm

Firebrush it, quick and easy

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodger Barthlow 6/21/2024, 1:21 pm

Have the forcing cones in your revolvers been opened up for lead bullets?
I seem to remember that they needed to be opened to keep from leading badly. Does 14 degrees sound right?
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Post by jdumdei 7/1/2024, 4:13 pm

I had some of those and was going to send them to you but I moved last year and they have disappeared. I haven't used them in years and have gone to the Chore Boys on a brush as suggested by James.

jdumdei

Back to top Go down

Post by Scota4570 7/6/2024, 2:30 pm

One caution, never spin up a brush or chore boy in the barrel with a power tool.  

The chemical de leading cloths work great on leaded bores for me.

Scota4570

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 7/6/2024, 2:54 pm

5 seconds of a cigar lighter or mini torch up the pipe then brush and patch. Gone in a jiffy.

bruce martindale

Multiracer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by croesler 7/10/2024, 7:50 am

I was wondering what a "firebrush" was...  Thanks for clarifying Bruce!
croesler
croesler

tomj44 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where I can get Lewis Lead Remover parts? Empty LLR ALTERNATIVE

Post by Russ OR 8/3/2024, 9:02 pm

You might try this instead of the LLR Lewis Lead Remover. - -I haven't used my LLR since I got this & I'd hate to shoot revolver w/o it. Credit to my brother Buzz in NM-he suggested it. -I got mine from mfr.- I think it's on Amazon too. 2¢-YMMV - -- Russ
https://www.big45metalcleaner.com/

Russ OR

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew 8/3/2024, 10:34 pm

bruce martindale wrote:5 seconds of a cigar lighter or mini torch up the pipe then brush and patch. Gone in a jiffy.
Cone side, or crown?
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 8/4/2024, 4:46 am

Leading usually occurs at the throat and chamber, so there.

In rifles it can occur further down due to lube failure.

bruce martindale

Back to top Go down

Post by Texasref 8/4/2024, 7:20 am

I maybe don't understand the whole lead bullet thing here.
I shoot nothing but coated lead bullets in my revolvers and autos.
There is no leading, just some soot from the powder. This was the case when I shot USPSA and was making power factor with a 147gn 9mm.
Just a thought.

Texasref

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick H. 8/16/2024, 9:47 am

Use some strands of a Chore Boy pad wrapped around a slightly used bore brush of correct caliber.  I soak the brush and strands in Kroil and scrub the chamber and barrel.  Let it soak for a while and generally this does it for lead removal.  Be careful buying Chore Boy if that's what you use as there are some fakers out there selling copper "washed" steel wool pads which will damage you chamber and/or barrel.  You can check the Chore Boy pads with a magnet.  If it attracts the pad it is steel.

Rick H.

Rick H.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down