Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerli Triggers

3 posters

Go down

Hammerli Triggers Empty Hammerli Triggers

Post by Boxturtle Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:39 am

I've read here and elsewhere that the Hammerli 208 & 215 pistols differ only in finish.  However, images of the pistols show distinct differences in the trigger mechanisms.  The 208 has a horizontally oriented object attached to the rear of the trigger lever.  Some images of the 215 show an assembly pointing downward and forward, the end of which aligns with a ledge on the back of the trigger lever.  Are these over-travel stops?  Some (earlier model?) 215 triggers lack this feature.  Please tell me about the triggers on these models.  Thank you.

Boxturtle

Back to top Go down

Hammerli Triggers Empty Re: Hammerli Triggers

Post by Ed Hall Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:22 am

What you are describing is the second stage for models with a two-stage trigger.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

mbmshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawman623 Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:58 am

I bought an International and a straight 208 based on the premise that  they were simply lower cost options to own a top tier bullseye pistol.  I was not impressed and went back to my 41’s.  When a great deal came up for a 208s I bought it. My finding is that the 2-stage trigger of the S model is radically better than the lower tier Hammerli

The lower 208 and International models that I owned had crisp triggers. The 208s has a roll trigger that immediately improved my scores significantly. So I’m fairly new to these match pistols, but I’ll never say the only difference is finish…. The 208s adjustable trigger stands alone in my opinion, is well worth its premium price, and renders non 2 stage variants as not worth the cost for me.

Drawman623

dieselguy624 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down