Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerli lock back failure and dry firing question

+2
DA/SA
L. Boscoe
6 posters

Go down

Hammerli lock back failure and dry firing question Empty Hammerli lock back failure and dry firing question

Post by L. Boscoe Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:48 pm

I have been really pleased with my Hammerli International: it feeds anything I offer it, haven't had a failure
to feed or fire in the about 500 rds I have put thru it.
Today  it stopped locking back at the end of a magazine, more than 50% of the time.  I will clean it for sure,
and that leads to yet another question:
Dry firing has been a serious program for me since I got back into BE 3 years ago.  With centerfire, no issue.  But 22 is a concern- I am queasy about 
the drywall anchors not living up to their rep, and the dummies I have won't feed in ANY automatic I have, and I
have most of them. If there are brands that will feed, I would greatly appreciate hearing about them.
About the first question, is there a mechanical fix, like higher register of the magazine? I am using factory mags.

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

Hammerli lock back failure and dry firing question Empty Re: Hammerli lock back failure and dry firing question

Post by DA/SA Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:57 pm

Cleaning and some oil may solve the lock back issue.

A strip off of a magnetic business card stuck to the breech face is how I dry fire my Hammerli.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Jack H and chopper like this post

Back to top Go down

Hammerli lock back failure and dry firing question Empty Re: Hammerli lock back failure and dry firing question

Post by JHHolliday Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:11 pm

I like these chamber plugs from Red Feather

https://www.redfeatheroutfitters.com/dry-fire-plugs-22.html

They wear out but last around 100 dry shots
JHHolliday
JHHolliday

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:15 pm

I think the drywall plugs are not good being soft enough to be eaten through after even one dry fire.  Same for the Hammerli type flags after a few fires. 
I will stick to the magnetic card.  It lasts a long time
Hammerli lock back failure and dry firing question Img-0112
Jack H
Jack H

chopper and L. Boscoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:16 pm

On your lock back issue, check the slide stop for looseness. Not uncommon for them  to work loose
jglenn21
jglenn21

jwax and L. Boscoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:11 pm

And look for grease/grit in the magazine follower.

Good luck

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

jwax, dieselguy624 and L. Boscoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down