Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions please. Club installed lights for calling alibis.

5 posters

Go down

Opinions please. Club installed lights for calling alibis. Empty Opinions please. Club installed lights for calling alibis.

Post by dan allen 7/17/2024, 5:00 am

As part of installing target carrier motors my club decided that alibi lights would be a good thing. There is a green light for all set and a red light you turn on to call an alibi. At first it sounded okay but they put the target carrier switch right next to the alibi light switch. There have been two instances that I know of where a shooter used the wrong switch and activated the target carrier during sustained fire. I don't like the lights and I refuse to use them but I have to shoot on a line where they are being used. What do you all think of this?

dan allen

Back to top Go down

Opinions please. Club installed lights for calling alibis. Empty Re: Opinions please. Club installed lights for calling alibis.

Post by james r chapman 7/17/2024, 6:21 am

Obviously they should move the switch.
Then it’s no longer an alibi.

Technology moves us all forward.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Opinions please. Club installed lights for calling alibis. Empty Re: Opinions please. Club installed lights for calling alibis.

Post by SteveT 7/17/2024, 1:07 pm

Unless there is a visibility problem it seems like switches and lights are more complicated than just raising a hand. But on the other hand, their range, their rules.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

mbmshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC 7/17/2024, 1:29 pm

Make one a switch and the other a pushbutton
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Gustavo1957 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dan allen 7/17/2024, 1:59 pm

I get the part about their range their rules. I think the alibi lights are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. The one who installed the drive motors and suggested the lights is a new club member and new shooter. My suggestions which no one is interested in is move the motor switches away from the light switches or give the range caller a way to disable the motors when it's time to shoot. Are there any rules about targets moving during firing?

dan allen

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter 7/17/2024, 3:36 pm

dan allen wrote:I get the part about their range their rules. I think the alibi lights are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. The one who installed the drive motors and suggested the lights is a new club member and new shooter. My suggestions which no one is interested in is move the motor switches away from the light switches or give the range caller a way to disable the motors when it's time to shoot. Are there any rules about targets moving during firing?
"Are there any rules about targets moving during firing"?

Absolutely!  CMP 3.9.3 addresses this although not very clearly.  NRA 9.12 provides multiple examples of those instances which would constitute
a Range Alibi.

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down