Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohio Outdoor State Championships - Cardinal - August 25

5 posters

Go down

Ohio Outdoor State Championships - Cardinal - August 25 Empty Ohio Outdoor State Championships - Cardinal - August 25

Post by Dcforman Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:35 am

Since I haven't seen it posted here...

The Ohio Outdoor State Championships are next Sunday, August 25, at Cardinal. First shot at 0900. Service Pistol, 22, and Service Revolver EICs. Register day of at the range. I am not the match director, but I am happy to try to answer questions.

Hope to see many of you out there!!!

Dave

Dcforman

john bickar, Grouse, chiz1180, Chase Turner and Rla442 like this post

Back to top Go down

Ohio Outdoor State Championships - Cardinal - August 25 Empty Re: Ohio Outdoor State Championships - Cardinal - August 25

Post by john bickar Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:29 pm

Dcforman wrote:Since I haven't seen it posted here...

The Ohio Outdoor State Championships are next Sunday, August 25, at Cardinal. First shot at 0900. Service Pistol, 22, and Service Revolver EICs. Register day of at the range. I am not the match director, but I am happy to try to answer questions.

Hope to see many of you out there!!!

Dave

I love the new trophy, and it does this Ohio boy’s heart proud to see you carrying on this tradition.

I can’t put the Bickar name on that trophy (AGAIN) this year; maybe in some future year I will attempt.

One of these days when I’m not neck deep in work and side projects, not to mention reloading and dry firing, etc., it would be good if we could work with Dane and get some of the historical names onto the new trophy to carry on the long storied history of this match.

(I’ll admit I may have a tiny bias on that front.)
john bickar
john bickar

orpheoet and Grouse like this post

Back to top Go down

Ohio Outdoor State Championships - Cardinal - August 25 Empty Re: Ohio Outdoor State Championships - Cardinal - August 25

Post by john bickar Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:33 pm

(Double post. You would think that someone who manages a team of Web developers in Silicon Valley would know how to Internet but nooooo…)

Last edited by john bickar on Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
john bickar
john bickar

SaraiEsq likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:35 pm

(Maybe I’ll just surreptitiously slap a Canton McKinley Rifle & Pistol Club sticker on the bottom of the trophy and scrawl “Frank Bickar was here 9x” on the sticker with a Sharpie.)
john bickar
john bickar

Grouse likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:24 am

John,

The trophy for this match is still missing. We have one for State Indoor, State Service, and Governor's Cup. The trophy plaques for these matches are quite neat though, and Class winners get them as well as the Match winner. The Governor's Cup Match is Sept. 22  if you want to mark your calendar.

To all others-
Side note, regardless of trophies or other "rewards", State Matches (regional matches, CMP Travel Games, ect.) are an excellent learning experience. I would highly recommend that you shoot as many of them as possibly can. I have met and shot with some fantastic people at state matches that I have shot.
chiz1180
chiz1180

john bickar and Grouse like this post

Back to top Go down

Ohio Outdoor State Championships - Cardinal - August 25 Empty Matches at Cardinal Center

Post by DennyK Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:50 am

Have been wanting to shoot some of the matches at the Cardinal Center and am looking at the Gov's Cup in September as a possibility.  Sent Tyler at Cardinal an email to get additional info and he referred me to the CMP web site.  Tried emailing the listed match director on the CMP listing, but didn't get a reply.  So, could someone tell me how it works there? Do you just show up the morning of the match and register then, or is there any sort of pre-registration? Dcforman, tried sending you a PM on the same subject because I know you shoot there, but the message never leaves my outbox.  So maybe you, chiz, or anyone else that shoots at Cardinal could shed some light on it for me? It's an overnight trip for me so I just want to make sure I'm good to go before getting a hotel reservation.  Thanks!

DennyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Mon Aug 19, 2024 2:40 pm

Hey Denny!

Just replied to your PM.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:00 pm

Here is a link to match program (hopefully)
https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/data/match_programs/mp27328.pdf?
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by DennyK Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:31 am

Thanks chiz.  That match bulletin is for the Ohio State match this weekend, but I would assume the Governor's Cup in September is basically the same.  Very helpful.  Thanks to you and Dcforman.

DennyK

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:37 am

DennyK wrote:Thanks chiz.  That match bulletin is for the Ohio State match this weekend, but I would assume the Governor's Cup in September is basically the same.  Very helpful.  Thanks to you and Dcforman.
I will make a thread specifically regarding Gov cup match.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:11 pm

Post Match Update

It was hot, but it was a good match. Good turn out with a healthy mix of OPRA Jrs, 22 only, and a solid group of guys shooting metallic sights the whole way through the match. 22 EIC and Service Revolver also proved to be a good time.
chiz1180
chiz1180

john bickar, Grouse, TargetPistolGuy, shanneba and Poacher92 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TargetPistolGuy Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:05 pm

It was a good match! Let’s get more out for the governors cup.

TargetPistolGuy

john bickar, orpheoet and chiz1180 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down