Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EIC Service Revolver - number of matches

+3
Wobbley
MkFiji
RoyDean
7 posters

Go down

EIC Service Revolver - number of matches Empty EIC Service Revolver - number of matches

Post by RoyDean Fri Oct 18, 2024 11:58 pm

In the Rulebook, AFAIK, it states:-

9.3.3 EIC Match Limitations for Non-Distinguished Competitors
The number of EIC matches in which Non-Distinguished competitors may compete for EIC points is limited. The eligibility of Non-Distinguished Service Competitors to compete in Service Pistol EIC Matches is limited by Service regulations. In any calendar year, the eligibility of Non-Distinguished Civilians to compete in Service Pistol EIC Matches and the eligibility of Civilian and Service competitors to compete in 22 Rimfire Pistol and Service Revolver EIC Matches is limited to the following for each Badge category:
a) One National Trophy Individual Match.
b) A maximum of five (5) CMP-sanctioned EIC matches, except that in years when there is no National Trophy Individual Match, a maximum of 
six (6) CMP-sanctioned EIC matches may be fired.

So, for Service Revolver, since there is no "NTI Match" for Revolver at Perry. The Perry Service Revolver EIC match counts as one of the permitted 6. Yes or no?

Got the Oregon State match tomorrow. I probably will not be high gun, but if I have already shot my 5 (or 6!!!), then it could affect whether or not there is a leg on offer.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

EIC Service Revolver - number of matches Empty Re: EIC Service Revolver - number of matches

Post by MkFiji Sat Oct 19, 2024 12:41 am

RoyDean wrote:In the Rulebook, AFAIK, it states:-

9.3.3 EIC Match Limitations for Non-Distinguished Competitors
The number of EIC matches in which Non-Distinguished competitors may compete for EIC points is limited. The eligibility of Non-Distinguished Service Competitors to compete in Service Pistol EIC Matches is limited by Service regulations. In any calendar year, the eligibility of Non-Distinguished Civilians to compete in Service Pistol EIC Matches and the eligibility of Civilian and Service competitors to compete in 22 Rimfire Pistol and Service Revolver EIC Matches is limited to the following for each Badge category:
a) One National Trophy Individual Match.
b) A maximum of five (5) CMP-sanctioned EIC matches, except that in years when there is no National Trophy Individual Match, a maximum of 
six (6) CMP-sanctioned EIC matches may be fired.

So, for Service Revolver, since there is no "NTI Match" for Revolver at Perry. The Perry Service Revolver EIC match counts as one of the permitted 6. Yes or no?

Got the Oregon State match tomorrow. I probably will not be high gun, but if I have already shot my 5 (or 6!!!), then it could affect whether or not there is a leg on offer.

The revolver EIC at Perry is considered a national match and doesn’t count against the 5EIC Service Revolver - number of matches Ea6e0505-9eae-4e46-8a3a-7de479eb3141p EIC matches

Last edited by MkFiji on Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total

MkFiji

Back to top Go down

EIC Service Revolver - number of matches Empty Re: EIC Service Revolver - number of matches

Post by Wobbley Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:27 am

My advice and shoot the match.  If you’re ineligible, you won’t get the points, they’ll be passed down to someone else.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Sat Oct 19, 2024 10:40 am

Wobbley wrote:My advice and shoot the match.  If you’re ineligible, you won’t get the points, they’ll be passed down to someone else.
Roy has some good forethought here though, depending on attendance it is possible that if he shot it thinking he was points eligible, but was not, the match could get burned for everyone else.
chiz1180
chiz1180

RoyDean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by swissyhawk Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:49 pm

Is there any easy way to find out how many EIC matches I’ve shot in this year?  I have a hard time remembering what I did two weeks ago.

swissyhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:19 pm

The easiest way would be to check competition tracker. However It takes some time to be updated.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Sat Oct 19, 2024 10:32 pm

It turned out that my question was all for naught cause we did not have enough folks today for a leg anyhow, so the CMP SR match was nixed. We did shoot an NRA DR match, but I got pipped, by one point AGAIN, by a retired Navy Swab - Grrrrr.......

The general opinion today was that all of the matches at Perry are deemed to be a "National Match" and therefore do not count as one of the permitted 5 leg matches. I will confirm that specifically for SR when I next talk to someone from CMP.

RoyDean

TonyH and chiz1180 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Yesterday at 8:04 am

RoyDean wrote: by one point AGAIN, by a retired Navy Swab - Grrrrr.......
Ommmmmmmm.......Ommmmmmmmm........... Very Happy
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by Poacher92 Today at 12:27 am

RoyDean wrote:The general opinion today was that all of the matches at Perry are deemed to be a "National Match" and therefore do not count as one of the permitted 5 leg matches. I will confirm that specifically for SR when I next talk to someone from CMP.
That's how I always interpreted it as well. If you shoot a .22 EIC or SR EIC at Camp Perry they are treated like the NTI for Service Pistol. You can shoot five matches of each type per year...six if you shoot at Nationals.

Poacher92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down