Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini Conversion?

3 posters

Go down

Pardini Conversion? Empty Pardini Conversion?

Post by beeser Thu May 21, 2015 10:56 am

I recently purchased a Pardini .32 ACP conversion that seems to work fine for the most part but one drawback that I've found is having to adjust the zero between caliber changes.  Not only does the elevation change but windage adjustments are necessary too.  I'm thinking now that it would be better to have separate guns.  Anyone else use a Pardini conversion?  Thoughts?

beeser

Back to top Go down

Pardini Conversion? Empty Options...

Post by carykiteboarder Thu May 21, 2015 12:35 pm

There are three of us who routinely shoot at local matches with Pardini SPBE & .32 ACP conversions.
1) I shoot with a frame mounted Ultradot and only need 4 clicks UP for .32ACP and no windage adjustment.  My rings are "Vortex Precision" which were milled.  These rings are ~.4" from top of gun to bottom of scope.
2) Another shooter has the Warne rings.  I think they are very slightly higher ~.5".  He mentioned at the last match that he also has to make windage adjustments.
3) The third shooter had a rail (Larry's Guns) mounted on each barrel so each caliber has it's own scope.  If you are looking for no scope adjustments, this would be a solution a lot less expensive than a second gun.

Out of curiosity, when you shoot with iron sights, what adjustments are necessary when you change caliber?
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Pardini Conversion? Empty Re: Pardini Conversion?

Post by beeser Thu May 21, 2015 2:21 pm

carykiteboarder wrote:There are three of us who routinely shoot at local matches with Pardini SPBE & .32 ACP conversions.
1) I shoot with a frame mounted Ultradot and only need 4 clicks UP for .32ACP and no windage adjustment.  My rings are "Vortex Precision" which were milled.  These rings are ~.4" from top of gun to bottom of scope.
2) Another shooter has the Warne rings.  I think they are very slightly higher ~.5".  He mentioned at the last match that he also has to make windage adjustments.
3) The third shooter had a rail (Larry's Guns) mounted on each barrel so each caliber has it's own scope.  If you are looking for no scope adjustments, this would be a solution a lot less expensive than a second gun.

Out of curiosity, when you shoot with iron sights, what adjustments are necessary when you change caliber?
I have the 3 rings for a scope mount provided by PardiniUSA but have been just using the iron sights lately.  The lesser weight and bulk feels good.  The gun was originally zeroed for a 6 o'clock hold on the black.  Using the .32 conversion I have to hold just a hair left of 9 o'clock on the black.  I haven't bothered to adjust the sights yet between conversions having only shot twice with it.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Post by TampaTim Thu May 21, 2015 11:18 pm

I have a separate scope mounted on each conversion makes everything simple.

TampaTim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down