Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know who makes or made this M52 barrel weight ?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone know who makes or made this M52 barrel weight ? Empty Anyone know who makes or made this M52 barrel weight ?

Post by C.Perkins 5/21/2015, 2:47 pm

Anyone know who makes or made this M52 barrel weight ? Wis_0111
Anyone know who makes or made this M52 barrel weight ? Wis_0210
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Anyone know who makes or made this M52 barrel weight ? Empty Re: Anyone know who makes or made this M52 barrel weight ?

Post by C.Perkins 5/28/2015, 6:06 pm

Posted the pictures on the S&W forum and found two other people who have one but no idea whom made them.

Long story short...

Went into a pawn shop to browse around and saw a Gun-ho 5 gun box with strap and keys and scope and mount with some odds and ends inside that I did not pay much attention to cause was really interested in the box itself.
Price tag was $85., when I inquired about it he said was tired of tripping over it and said $50. would get it out the door.
Went back a couple days later and picked it up, brought it home and inside wrapped in plastic baggie was a .38 cleaning rod and brush, some speed loaders for a .38, old S&W stamped steel sight screwdriver and this weight.
I looked at it and thought, does this fit an M52, well went into the house, removed my BME scope mount and this weight slid right on as it was obviously made for it.
I will keep and use it to shoot irons when I feel the need.

Sometimes being at the right place at the right time has its advantages Anyone know who makes or made this M52 barrel weight ? Smile

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Anyone know who makes or made this M52 barrel weight ? Empty Re: Anyone know who makes or made this M52 barrel weight ?

Post by Jerry Keefer 5/28/2015, 6:55 pm

Clarence
I ended up chopping some weight off the front of the 52 slide my lady shooter is using.. She complained the 52 is heavier than her 1911/45 and did not like the balance difference.
After comparing, she is correct..(She would know Smile Long ago, seems I remember Gil Hebard pictured with a weight very similar to that adapted to a 1911.. ??
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins 7/17/2015, 6:26 pm

I found on Ebay today the round weight portion that was new old stock in a bag from Champion's Choice #C52W.

Have an email sent to CC for any further info.

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 7/20/2015, 3:57 pm

Dear C. Perkins,i found a person who make the weights: http://www.djprecision.com/product/s-w-52-products/s-w-model-52-barrel-weight

Good luck!
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins 7/20/2015, 5:16 pm

SW-52;

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the link but the weight pictured is mine.
Just looking for information on whom manufactured this particular M52 weight assembly.

Thanks;
Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 7/20/2015, 5:37 pm

C.Perkins wrote:SW-52;

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the link but the weight pictured is mine.
Just looking for information on whom manufactured this particular M52 weight assembly.

Thanks;
Clarence
thank you!
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins 7/22/2015, 4:24 pm

Just got off the phone with a gentleman from Champions Choice about the M52 barrel weight I have pictured in the opening post.

It was manufactured by them years ago.

In case anyone was wondering as I have Smile

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down