Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penn Bullets

+12
Jon Eulette
Deerspy
left7hand
Dr.Don
rebs
Jerry Keefer
LenV
DavidR
AllAces
dronning
rich.tullo
Schaumannk
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Penn Bullets - Page 2 Empty Penn Bullets

Post by Schaumannk Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Does anyone know what is going on with this company?  

I have successfully   ordered from them twice in the past.  Third order was placed the end of November I believe.   The box arrived empty with one of those postal stickers on it saying that it had reached my local post office empty.  I was in Japan at the time, so I had my daughter take a picture which I forwarded to Bob.  

Since then I  have received two emails saying that they are having problems with replacing lost shipments.   

My last email enquiry several weeks ago, went totally unanswered.  

At this point, I would really like my bullets,  but would settle for my money back.  

anyone else in this jam?

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Penn Bullets - Page 2 Empty Re: Penn Bullets

Post by Laminarman Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:05 am

I am waiting for a sample sized to .355 for my SIG.  I've been waiting for two months.  He never answered my second or third email. Before that I received a shipment of 1,000 but it tooks almost four months when he said the delay would be a week or two.  I forgot about the order and in the meantime have started purchasing from where I can drive at https://statelinebullets.com/.  This guy is awesome and he always says he welcomes inquiries into sizes and molds he doesn't normally pour.  I am done with Penn as I never get a response from them.  But, I've been happy with what I've gotten so far.

Laminarman

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:30 pm

I placed one and only one order with Penn. With out going into the long drawn out details - suffice to say it was worst customer service I have ever experineced and never did received the product I ordered and paid for.
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Wells Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:45 pm

I was considering 1K or 2K of the 200 LSWC, I think that I will pass now.

Gary Wells

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Keefer Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:17 pm

This is unusual.  I will try to contact Bob to see if this can be straightened out.. Bob struggles with some health issues. Perhaps, that is the case.  I haven't talked with him since last summer. Just a note...my lady shooter had a 98 practice slow fire, with Bob's bullets last week..she broke 2600  shooting all Penn...Shoots great for us..
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Palermo Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Got an e mail from Jerry K about this thread so I logged in to give some updates. First off I have contacted Kate S. about her replacement order and its packed and ships out tomorrow.
Recently in the last several months we had an unusual amount of damaged packages from USPS that caused us numerous problems in dealing with as we normally had very few claims to deal with in the past with them. 

As such I did not have a good system in place to handle the volume and I needed to rectify the shipping issue as soon as possible.
To that end I have had custom made heavy wall 275 lb. bullet cartons made that fit precisely into the USPS ship carton and eliminates the need for reinforcing fillers around the boxes. The older boxes were 200 lb test and were smaller. This changed the number of bullet styles that can be packed into the ship carton from 4 different bullets to 3 different bullets when needed. The amount of bullets that each box can now hold is 22.5 lbs x 3 as opposed to 17 lb boxes x 4. 

Also my wife is now setting up a better system to expedite damaged orders and to keep the customers better informed. The new boxes have worked out well and currently there have been no damaged boxes with the new interior boxes (knock on wood).
Once the backlog of damaged bullets is cleared the number of new damaged boxes hopefully will be next to none.

Sales volume has been very high recently and the demand for coated bullets has been growing steadily to the point that I will be doing a room expansion to handle all the racks and trays that are being used to deal with that part of the operation. I am also currently looking for some additional help as my shop foreman Dave retired last year after 25 years of faithful service.
Robert Palermo
Robert Palermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Keefer Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:39 pm

This is one of the revolvers I have been working on that wouldn't hold an 8 inch group.. I'll also post it in the equipment forum.. I grabbed a handful of mixed,  many times fired practice ammo..Shot this 24 shot group.. 20 shots are inside 1.710 X 2 inch.. The scribed circle is 3 inch diameter.
One low flyer... could be an iffy hand load or my RR technique..
.45 cal. 200 gr. Penn SWC Penn Bullets - Page 2 IMG_2879_zpsz9ltb2tf
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:59 pm

Like Jerry Keefer, I too shoot 200 gr LSWC's from Penn Bullets.  I consistently get 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards with my SA 1911 from a Ransom Rest.  Bob Palermo resently sent me some of his coated 200 r LSWC bullets for testing, along with my annual bullet order.  Ransom Rest testing using the same load and gun also produced 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards. The only difference was no smoke and a smell of burning polymer.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Mr. Palermo,
I appreciate the response. I would like to know about your plans to address quality control? I bought some of your bullets a while back and they were the worst bullets I've ever bought. They were wrinkled and the weights were very inconsistent as well as dimensionally out of round. I know you're capable of putting out a nice product, but I have not purchased again from you because of the poor quality.
Respectfully,
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Palermo Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:01 am

John, Please give me a call at 412-767-4670 so I can look up your paperwork and get you a replacement order out.
There was some bullets that slipped past that had wrinkles that the guys had missed and there was some words about that to the crew.
Sometimes their desire to get customers orders out quickly especially when demand is high compromises the bullets that are sent. Its rare but I have to remind them that its best to get it done right rather than quick.  
 Some customers constantly call or e-mail about their orders that drives them to distraction. I keep telling them that I did not survive 30 years of business by turning out bad product but great product. 
Some of them are young and still learning.
Robert Palermo
Robert Palermo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2