Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UD acting up?

3 posters

Go down

UD acting up? Empty UD acting up?

Post by private citizen 1/8/2012, 3:10 pm

Just today my UD MD developed a new thing.

As I went to turn off the dot from level 2. I heard?/felt? a "critch". And it did not want to move freely. So I turned it higher all the way around to "off" and it moved more freely but still not as smoothly as original.

Being firmly in the camp of "if you don't have a problem.." I have not taken off the bat cover to investigate cause, with my luck that will break it.

Now I am also in Murphy's camp and if it is going to break, it will do it during a match...

I so seldom look inside the cover, these things being relatively reliable, I don't quite remember what it looks like. Could the contact have scored the battery?

So any ideas?

private citizen

Back to top Go down

UD acting up? Empty Re: UD acting up?

Post by Rob Kovach 1/8/2012, 4:45 pm

If your windage and elevation is the click type, your UD has lifetime warranty. Don't try fixing it yourself...you will void the warranty. Just contact them to get warranty service. If yours is not the click type, let me know and ill tellyou what to look at next.

Last edited by Rob Kovach on 1/9/2012, 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xmastershooter 1/8/2012, 11:08 pm

The Ultradot lifetime warranty has served me well twice. The first time I received immediate service for my match dot while at Camp Perry and the second time when I sent my favorite 4 dot to their new address in Florida which took about 3 weeks before I got it back. I was very pleased that it was returned with the intensity dial working perfectly with no other surprise new issues. My compliments to Ultradot.

I re-read the instructions that came with the scope which recommends leaving on the scope until one is finished shooting. When I dry fire, I may leave the scope on for 3 hours and then turn it off just once rather than turning it on and off a dozen times between breaks to reduce wear and tear. I would rather replace the battery more often than bother sending it back again but it is good to know Ultradot is there when you need them.

Norman

xmastershooter

Back to top Go down

UD acting up? Empty UD MD update

Post by private citizen 1/13/2012, 7:24 pm

So, I went to the range and the dot disappeared, so I tapped the bat cover and it came back, tap, gone...tap,back...etc.

So I opened up the cover wiped off the bat and contacts, I could see no physical damage. Put it back and the dot stayed lit for the rest of the session.

Now, what I have noticed is the "detents" on the brightness control seem to have gone away, at least in t he low numbers (I shoot at "2"). I wonder if that "critch" was the sound of some detent device giving up the ghost. So far, it's still working.

Anyone have a clue?

private citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 1/13/2012, 8:02 pm

Yes. Besides the warranty issue, if you are set on lookin into it yourself, under the battery well is a ring that holds the layer that holds the battery contact. Unscrew that ring and remove the battery contact layer. Under that layer is a series of contacts that correlates with each brightness setting. I think you are able to see the screw that holds the knob on in that layer. remove that and you should be able to see where your problem with the detents is.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

UD acting up? Empty good to know

Post by private citizen 1/14/2012, 8:05 am

Rob Kovach wrote:Yes. Besides the warranty issue, if you are set on lookin into it yourself, under the battery well is a ring that holds the layer that holds the battery contact. Unscrew that ring and remove the battery contact layer. Under that layer is a series of contacts that correlates with each brightness setting. I think you are able to see the screw that holds the knob on in that layer. remove that and you should be able to see where your problem with the detents is.

Thanks. Do you anticipate any problem from this condition? Should it continue to function but, just with no feel able detents?

private citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 1/14/2012, 6:31 pm

I'd order a spare just in case. You wouldn't want to enter a big match and have it go belly up. What did you find when you took it apart?
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

UD acting up? Empty disassembly

Post by private citizen 1/16/2012, 6:47 pm

Rob Kovach wrote:I'd order a spare just in case. You wouldn't want to enter a big match and have it go belly up. What did you find when you took it apart?

Ha. No chance I am taking it that far apart; not while it's working.

Maybe I'll start taking a bu gun

private citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum