Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new website about Bullseye shooting

+5
Founder
Orion
charlie_seablom
sakurama
Chris_D
9 posters

Go down

A new website about Bullseye shooting Empty A new website about Bullseye shooting

Post by Chris_D Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:52 am

Hi Folks,

I have have spent a few days putting together a website about Bullseye Pistol shooting. It is far from complete, but I think it contains some good information that some shooters might find useful, especially those new to the sport. I will be adding to it as time allows and I consider it a work in progress, in other words, I will probably rewrite some of the articles as I see fit.

Here is a link to it www.sites.google.com/site/bullseyepistolbychrisd/home

The Training and Practice section has a fair amount of information and that will be an area where I will be adding more content over time.

Chris D

Chris_D

Back to top Go down

A new website about Bullseye shooting Empty Re: A new website about Bullseye shooting

Post by sakurama Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:36 am

Really nice site and a great collection of information. It would have been a great help when I was just starting out. About the only thing I'd find fault with is in the "about me" section you have a photo of the back of your head. Don't be shy!

Nice Job,

Gregor
sakurama
sakurama

http://www.gregorhalenda.com

Back to top Go down

A new website about Bullseye shooting Empty Re: A new website about Bullseye shooting

Post by charlie_seablom Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Nice looking site, and a very good list of links.

In the competition overview, in the descriptions of the 1800 and 2700 matches, the NMC is listed as having 20 rounds for each stage.

Charlie

charlie_seablom

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_D Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:12 am

Thanks for pointing that out.

Chris

charlie_seablom wrote:Nice looking site, and a very good list of links.

In the competition overview, in the descriptions of the 1800 and 2700 matches, the NMC is listed as having 20 rounds for each stage.

Charlie

Chris_D

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Keep it updated

Orion
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

A new website about Bullseye shooting Empty Better reception here Chris!

Post by Founder Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:37 pm

Chris it would appear the folks on the forum took to your new site much better than the Google Group crowd. The more information out there the better as far as I am concerned. Keep up the good work!!

Joe
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:51 am

Joe Fobes wrote:Chris it would appear the folks on the forum took to your new site much better than the Google Group crowd. The more information out there the better as far as I am concerned. Keep up the good work!!

Joe

+1

I commend your work in putting it together, and have to admit a bit envious in your ability to do so. It's above my pay grade.

Al

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Lang Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:27 am

Joe Fobes wrote:Chris it would appear the folks on the forum took to your new site much better than the Google Group crowd. The more information out there the better as far as I am concerned. Keep up the good work!!

Joe
Going back through Bullseye-L history there have been a group of shooters who would have preferred to have a web based forum. The traditionalists vetoed that idea. Now both views are accepted. Is it possible that this group is open to newer ideas??

I have a foot on both banana peels Laughing
Larry Lang
Larry Lang

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbones Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:55 am

Nice job Chris! It is helpful to see what works for you in terms of equipment, training, etc. all in one place.

Bigbones

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_D Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi Guys,

First of all, thanks much for the kind words and words of encouragment. For the most part, the google group was positive with the exception of one guy that seemed to rub everyone the wrong way with his comments. As I mentioned in one post on that forum, if he didn't like it, don't read it.

As for comparisions to forums like this one, my site isn't intended to be similar. It is intended as a conventional site with articles by shooters. Forums like this one are a great resource and I don't need to add yet another forum so I am avoiding that issue altogether.

I will be adding a couple of things to the website in the comming days/weeks....

Interviews from Master shooters will be added soon. I have only done one interview so far and will be adding some more as I get contact information for others.

I will also be adding a blog section wherein I add updates on my progress this year. I suspect it will end up being a bunch of random thoughts as I sit and type but some folks might find it interesting.

Thanks again for the feedback and for visiting the website, I hope to conintue to add to it as time allows.

Chris

Chris_D

Back to top Go down

Post by Ira Latimer Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Chris: Us old shooters can get bogged down in specifics, procedures, minute bullet characteristics, esoteric powder problems, etc. But the new shooters, whom we're trying to recruit, need the basic stuff, and that's what you're providing in an interesting and informative way. Keep it up and keep it current!

Sandy Latimer

Ira Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbones Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Ira Latimer wrote:Chris: Us old shooters can get bogged down in specifics, procedures, minute bullet characteristics, esoteric powder problems, etc. But the new shooters, whom we're trying to recruit, need the basic stuff, and that's what you're providing in an interesting and informative way. Keep it up and keep it current!

Sandy Latimer

I'm a new shooter and that's exactly why I like what Chris has done. It is helpful to read information presented from various points of view. We all have different learning styles and it is helpful to have a variety of sources to learn from.

Bigbones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down