Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 California State Championship Match

5 posters

Go down

2017 California State Championship Match Empty 2017 California State Championship Match

Post by gregbenner 5/8/2017, 1:54 pm

Shot the Match this weekend, in the Sacramento area.  Drove up from SoCal with a couple buddies. Jon Eulette and Robert Watson.  I just started competitive shooting a few months ago, so going to a new venue is always a real adventure for me.

This Match was very interesting because not only was there a 2700, there were 3 additional matches, EIC, Service Pistol and Distinguished Revolver. ALL IN THE SAME DAY!

The weather (me, an overfed, long-haired leaping gnome) seemed a bit cold and windy, but there I was. The range was very nice, set in an idyllic area of rolling hills and green fields south of the city.

I didn't shoot so good, I seem to get the jitters early in the morning bounce ,but improved as the day progressed.  Shot my best ever slow fire, in this case with my 45, a 96-1 Laughing   However, a few minutes later in timed fire, the hammer broke affraid. Very strange, pulled the trigger, no bang, but what I thought was the ejecting case hitting me in the lip?  I called for an alibi. but when we racked the slide back, the unfired bullet was still in chamber, primer untouched?  Then, Robert noticed 1/2 a hammer on the ground. Jon indicated he had never seen that before.

However, the drive home was in high spirits. The unofficial new CA State Champion is Jon Eulette, and Robert W shot a 270 in Service Pistol, might be 1st Place for non distinguished?,  plus a likely 2nd in CMP.  I got to participate, watch and learn Laughing Laughing

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

2017 California State Championship Match Empty Re: 2017 California State Championship Match

Post by Robert Watson 5/8/2017, 3:26 pm

Great time up there. Bob put on a good match. Good shooting Greg!
Robert Watson
Robert Watson

Back to top Go down

2017 California State Championship Match Empty Re: 2017 California State Championship Match

Post by john bickar 5/8/2017, 9:50 pm

Glad to hear you guys had fun; I've been trying to get you SoCal folks up here for a while. Sorry to have missed it.

Congrats to Jon and Robert!
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by oldsalt444 5/15/2017, 11:56 am

Thanks for making the long trek to Sacramento for the State Match.  You San Diegans shot well, I'm impressed.  A 2700 plus 3 leg matches makes for a long day of shooting, but worth it.  Hope to see you again in the future.

Bob Huddleston
Attachments
2017 California State Championship Match Attachment
FOT5DC6_1.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(210 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Last edited by oldsalt444 on 5/15/2017, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add picture)
oldsalt444
oldsalt444

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 5/15/2017, 12:24 pm

john bickar wrote:Glad to hear you guys had fun; I've been trying to get you SoCal folks up here for a while. Sorry to have missed it.

Yeah, I'm driving all the way up to Sunnyvale to say high on Memorial Day 2700 Wink
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 5/16/2017, 10:29 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:
john bickar wrote:Glad to hear you guys had fun; I've been trying to get you SoCal folks up here for a while. Sorry to have missed it.

Yeah, I'm driving all the way up to Sunnyvale to say high on Memorial Day 2700 Wink
Jon

Glad you're heading up, I haven't seen you in a few years.

I guarantee you'll drop more points than I do on Memorial Day. I'm that good.  Wink
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down