Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reviews of the Walther SP22???

3 posters

Go down

Reviews of the Walther SP22??? Empty Reviews of the Walther SP22???

Post by Tim:H11 Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:02 pm

Anyone here shoot or have a Walther SP22? Just curious about them. Accuracy reports, trigger reviews, etc... What can you tell me about them?
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Reviews of the Walther SP22??? Empty Re: Reviews of the Walther SP22???

Post by desben Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:12 am

I tried one at from someone at my club. It seemed like a good alternative to a Ruger or Buckmark. I expected it to be really light, being polymer and aluminium, but it had a good weight to it. As with most Walthers I tried, the grip fit your hand nicely. I recall it being muzzle heavy (not a bad thing) and the trigger required a good solid pull. I don't remember if it ran flawlessly or jammed every magazine, which is unfortunate given how important that is. It's has been a while and I can't give more detail.

I think they are now discontinued. You can find them for very cheap sometimes, like $250. But then again, you can't go wrong with a Ruger or Buckmark...
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Tiedt Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:22 am

Tim:H11 wrote:Anyone here shoot or have a Walther SP22? Just curious about them. Accuracy reports, trigger reviews, etc... What can you tell me about them?

Yes, I have the SP22 M4 (6" target barrel).  I could never quite get the trigger adjusted the way I liked it, but ymmv.
Another poster mentioned the grip, it is quite comfortable in a large hand.  I also bought the scope with it, which is
great for seeing how large my wobble is!  Accuracy as I recall was pretty good and it didn't seem too finicky with SV ammo.
Even though it looks a bit odd, I don't recall an issue with balance of the pistol.  I haven't shot it in years.  I bought it as a
backup 22 for bullseye, but it turned into a safe queen...

Doug

Doug Tiedt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down