Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would a Wlather Q5 be good for Bullseye shooting ?

+2
zanemoseley
sigman45
6 posters

Go down

Would a Wlather Q5 be good for Bullseye shooting ? Empty Would a Wlather Q5 be good for Bullseye shooting ?

Post by sigman45 Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Hello All,

I haven't been on this site for awhile ,so hello all. Anyway ,does anybody have any thoughts about if the new Walther Q5 would be a good pistol for shooting in Bullseye Matches ? I'm looking for another centerfire pistol for bullseye shooting. I'm using a revolver right now .

Bernie

sigman45

Back to top Go down

Would a Wlather Q5 be good for Bullseye shooting ? Empty Re: Would a Wlather Q5 be good for Bullseye shooting ?

Post by zanemoseley Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:40 pm

Might be better than a sharp stick. Looks tailored to action shooting. Would likely be too light to yield good results in bullseye and might have a questionable inherent accuracy. You'd be better off with a 9mm or 38 super 1911.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Would a Wlather Q5 be good for Bullseye shooting ? Empty Re: Would a Wlather Q5 be good for Bullseye shooting ?

Post by sigman45 Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:49 pm

After watching some videos of the Walther Q5 ,it looks a little snappy to be a bullseye pistol. I don't think it would be a good one handed bullseye gun. 

Thank you for the reply.

sigman45

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:52 pm

for tactical shooting,practical shooting,not for bullseye. my ccw is a walther PPQ M1 9mm and have exquisite trigger and short trigger reset.
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:20 pm

sigman45 wrote:Hello All,

I haven't been on this site for awhile ,so hello all. Anyway ,does anybody have any thoughts about if the new Walther Q5 would be a good pistol for shooting in Bullseye Matches ? I'm looking for another centerfire pistol for bullseye shooting. I'm using a revolver right now .

Bernie
If you already own one take it out for the match. I wouldn't buy one just for bullseye though. To many other proven options

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by sigman45 Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:37 pm

I haven't picked one up. Just looking for something other than the 1911 and a revolver.Right now i' m using a S & W model 19.

sigman45

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:52 pm

If your looking for something kinda like the Walther you could look into a Springfield XDM. They have been proven to be fair multitaskers. I shot all 3 available calibers Sunday and I think the 9mm might have been a tad more accurate but the 45 shot 10 ring groups easy at 25 yds. 

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:23 pm

How about gettting a S&W 52, they usually shoot decent, ha e collectors value on to of target shooting value. Its one of the only pistols I see on the line besides a 1911, you don't see a lot but occasionally.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Webjak Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:54 am

sigman45 wrote:Hello All,

Bernie
I have the PPQ M2 5" Target. Purchased for action shooting because of the outstanding trigger compared to my Glocks (I could never shoot a Glock well) and no DA/SA transition like a Sig P226. Excellent pistol but (at least for me) I wouldn't want to shoot for accuracy beyond 25 yards. My Sig is more accurate and compared to my mostly stock Kimber or Colt 1911, well, no comparison.
Great: combat pistol, duty weapon, trigger, grips, ergonomics.

Webjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down