Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for matches in Fl so I don’t have to be a Master at Camp Perry

+9
Wobbley
sbtzc
davekp
cdrt
zanemoseley
CFPlinker
Multiracer
Schaumannk
James Hensler
13 posters

Go down

Looking for matches in Fl so I don’t have to be a Master at Camp Perry Empty Looking for matches in Fl so I don’t have to be a Master at Camp Perry

Post by James Hensler Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 pm

I need to post some scores where are some matches?
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Looking for matches in Fl so I don’t have to be a Master at Camp Perry Empty Re: Looking for matches in Fl so I don’t have to be a Master at Camp Perry

Post by Schaumannk Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Dixie Match. 13,14,15 April Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club Jacksonville.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Looking for matches in Fl so I don’t have to be a Master at Camp Perry Empty Re: Looking for matches in Fl so I don’t have to be a Master at Camp Perry

Post by Multiracer Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:58 pm

pistolmatches.com

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Thanks guys
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by CFPlinker Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:40 pm

It takes a minimum of 360 shots to receive an initial classification or to be reclassified upward. Since you are using this to go to Perry these will have to be fired in NRA approved or registered outdoor matches. Get your matches fired before the Perry entry deadline because the NRA may not issue classification cards after the entry deadline. Don't ask how I learned about this.

CFPlinker

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:42 pm

So if you show up unclassified do they automatically put you in with the masters?

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:50 pm

Yes, even if you have a temp score book.  That happened to one of our Texas guys last year.
You can also find matches in the NRA's online Shooting Sports USA magazine.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:03 am

I have been looking but I am surprised that there is not much here in Florida. There are several but they are not NRA approved. Looks like I will have to travel but I should be able to get it done! That’s my plan
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by davekp Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:45 am

Where in Florida are you?
 We are having a league in February and March in Palm Bay. You could attend 4 weeks and get your classification.

davekp

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:32 pm

Port Charlotte between Ft Myers and Sarasota
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:02 pm

cdrt wrote:Yes, even if you have a temp score book.  That happened to one of our Texas guys last year.

Then, pray tell, what is the purpose of the Score Record Book?

And why, if the Score Record Book does not suffice for classification at Perry, does it seem contradictory to rule 19.4?

"The competitor will total all scores and divide that total by the number of 10-shot strings represented.  The average so obtained  will determine the competitor’s NRA Classification at that time  (see  Rule 19.15 for average score for each classification)."
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:37 pm

The nationals don’t recognize a score record book for temporary classification. Haven’t for decades.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:40 pm

sbtzc wrote:
cdrt wrote:Yes, even if you have a temp score book.  That happened to one of our Texas guys last year.
Then, pray tell, what is the purpose of the Score Record Book?
And why, if the Score Record Book does not suffice for classification at Perry, does it seem contradictory to rule 19.4?
"The competitor will total all scores and divide that total by the number of 10-shot strings represented.  The average so obtained  will determine the competitor’s NRA Classification at that time  (see  Rule 19.15 for average score for each classification)."

The program for the matches at Camp Perry specifically states that temporary classifications (Rule 19.4) may not be used.  This makes sense since you have 800+ shooters all eligible to break a national record.  In other words, no sandbagging.

The purpose of the temp score book, is to allow to you shoot against those in your current level of marksmanship, except for that first match when you have to shoot in the Master class.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:54 pm

And just because you have shot the required 360 rounds does not mean that NRA will post your scores in a timely manner.  Don't remember how long it took get for my classification card but it was well past 2 months.  Without that card you will be buzzard bait in the Master class.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Allen Barnett wrote:And just because you have shot the required 360 rounds does not mean that NRA will post your scores in a timely manner.  Don't remember how long it took get for my classification card but it was well past 2 months.  Without that card you will be buzzard bait in the Master class.
Time for a member revolt. There's no excuse for the NRA and other organisations not to be better organised than they are.

Sad thing is I think that the NRA is way ahead of the Canadian SFC. I want to compete, but it's just a total pain in the A-- to figure out when and where. We're into 2018 and the national organisation lists competitions on ONE provincial association. My provincial association only has 2017 competitions listed.

And for those that do compete, in this day and age there is no excuse not to have near live access to results.

See my posts in the pistolmatches and practiscore threads.

Last edited by Slartybartfast on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Allen Barnett wrote:And just because you have shot the required 360 rounds does not mean that NRA will post your scores in a timely manner.  Don't remember how long it took get for my classification card but it was well past 2 months.  Without that card you will be buzzard bait in the Master class.

Wouldn't that technically make you...

(...wait for it...)

...Master Bait?

(Try the veal!)
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:13 pm

You also have to figure in, how long it took the match director to send in the scores.  Some of us get them in the mail a couple days after the match, while others wait a little bit longer (I'm being nice here. I know of some past directors that have waited over a month to send in scores).

The ability to post them online may help; we'll see.

I do know, that at the end of our league matches last year, new classification cards went out in less than three weeks.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:01 pm

john bickar wrote:

Wouldn't that technically make you...

(...wait for it...)

...Master Bait?

(Try the veal!)

Shocked  Smile   Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's funny lol!
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:42 pm

BAZINGA!!!!  You got me.  My intent was to be humorous and not mean in any manner.  After all it is the Master/High Master shooters who have been there done that and are always willing to pass along helpful tips and knowledge.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:58 pm

Seems we lost sight of the question here: Depending on where you are and how far you're willing to drive, Gateway Jacksonville 2700 this Sunday and 1800's every third Sunday are great. Also, Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club is now running 1800's on the first Sunday. Hernando Sportsman's Club has 2700's Last Sunday of the month. All report scores to NRA. PM me for any further help/info.

Russell Gill

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Thank you sir I will
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down