Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I might become a Ruger boy.

3 posters

Go down

I might become a Ruger boy. Empty I might become a Ruger boy.

Post by kjanracing 2/11/2018, 3:20 pm

I’ve used my 14-4 for a few years now in matches. I started wondering about using a heavier revolver for a steadier hold and less recoil for RF. I kinda got on a revolver buying kick, cause who doesn’t need another gun?!
Got a Monson built Dan Wesson 715. Pretty cool gun, great for slow fire, ok for timed, doesn’t work for me for rapid. Thumbing the hammer is awkward. I also got a 586-1. Nice! Typical Smith, nice trigger, have been doing ok on SF and TF, working on rapid. I thought I’d add a GP 100 to the collection. Took it to the range this morning. It like, wow, where have you been all my life?! This thing just works for me. The grip feels very natural, great balance and weight,  trigger is so so. A little heavy, a little creepy, but workable. I’ll smooth it up and I think it will be great. So...shot a pretty good couple of SF targets and my first ever clean TF revolver target. I think not bad for first time out. I may be looking for a 22 soon!
kjanracing
kjanracing

Back to top Go down

I might become a Ruger boy. Empty Re: I might become a Ruger boy.

Post by desben 2/11/2018, 3:57 pm

I like the Rugers as well, but I shoot a 14-2... Go figure. The GP100 is very robust and also accurate. The design of the frame where it meets the grip is very good and I imagine it makes it easier for grip makers to experiment with various designs.

Which grip does yours have? Of the stock ones I tried, my favorite was the wood/rubber combo they sometimes come with.
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Post by kjanracing 2/11/2018, 4:16 pm

Yes, that one. It feels so good!
kjanracing
kjanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 2/11/2018, 7:19 pm

When you decide to go for "pretty" I have these dust collectors. Don't have a GP-100 but I have the grips. Laughing

I might become a Ruger boy. 20171112
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down