Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCI SV FTF??

+6
weber1b
TampaTim
gregbenner
Jack H
james r chapman
NukeMMC
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CCI SV FTF?? - Page 2 Empty CCI SV FTF??

Post by NukeMMC 12/12/2018, 7:46 am

First topic message reminder :

I bought a case of the CCI SV from Brownells last week and tried it out last night.  My Marvel shoots Federal 711B well but is a bit heavy on the slide (steel) for the Norma Match.  Thought the CCI might work better, but I had no less that 8 duds out of the first 30 I put thru.  Figured it might be the 17# mainspring/EGW lightened hammer combo, so I tried it in my Victor and got the same results.

Anyone else getting lots of duds from CCI SV?  Kind of reminds me of Olin White Box (which I still have a couple bricks of).
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

CCI SV FTF?? - Page 2 Empty Re: CCI SV FTF??

Post by DA/SA 12/14/2018, 3:42 pm

I did the same last night and shot 50 rounds from the questionable batch without a glitch. Every shot felt the same, and every case ejected exactly the same.

I'm certainly not disputing the fact that others are having problems.
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC 12/14/2018, 3:52 pm

This is why I am going to test more amko in this batch and asked for others' experience. This one box or even the brick just may have gotten exposure to something the rest didn't. This is my first experience with CCI SV, having had great success with Green Tag back in the 90s in my High Standards.
Don't want to sway anyone's confidence unnecessarily. Factory says this ammo lot had great consistency in their QC testing.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 12/14/2018, 4:16 pm

NukeMMC wrote:This is why I am going to test more amko in this batch and asked for others' experience. This one box or even the brick just may have gotten exposure to something the rest didn't.  This is my first experience with CCI SV, having had great success with Green Tag back in the 90s in my High Standards.
Don't want to sway anyone's confidence unnecessarily.  Factory says this ammo lot had great consistency in their QC testing.

I have only been shooting Bullseye for the last 10 years. Primarily been using CCI SV for most of it. I can't remember ever having a FTF except when breaking a firing pin. I have enough problems trying to rely on my subconscious with the conscious thought of bad ammo peaking in. I'm real interested in seeing the extent of the duds in your case.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 12/15/2018, 2:18 am

Time flies.
I bought 2-3 cases some time back.  And checking dates from the above schedule, I have left from them
7 bricks 2010
14        2011
2          2012
All CCI SV 0035
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC 12/17/2018, 3:39 pm

Finally got some range time this afternoon. Burned 100rds thru a Victor and not a hiccup at all. Same gun and mags as before. Oh well?!?! Shoots pretty well also.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b 12/17/2018, 3:51 pm

I think I have had one FTF in 30,000 rounds of CCI SV. Still my go to ammo and I hope it stays that way as a I have a reasonable supply, although none are the lots mentioned.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum