Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revolver Barrels

+2
285wannab
mprince
6 posters

Go down

Revolver Barrels Empty Revolver Barrels

Post by mprince Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:50 pm

I have a Performance Center 625 45 ACP.  The one with the semi lugged barrel and hideous grips.  When I got it, the trigger was horrible, S&W took it back gave it an incredible trigger job and while they had it, I had them put a wide target trigger and wider hammer on it.  I can't get my money back out of it, but if it was 5" or 6 " barreled, I would keep it forever.  Do 5" Stainless 45 barrels exist for the N-Frame?  Is it best to send to the Performance Center to get this done or is there a particular Revolver smith that would likely have an NOS barrel to do the work?

Question 2.  I saw a recent post where someone had an NOS 6" barrel put on their K Frame.  Where is the best place to have this done or get the barrel itself?

Thanks for any info.  I have a spare K frame (M15, I think) with a 4" barrel collecting dust and would like to shoot it.

mprince

Back to top Go down

Revolver Barrels Empty Re: Revolver Barrels

Post by 285wannab Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:21 pm

Can't you have a qualified gunsmith cut the end of barrel to the length your looking for?  And then fix the front sight.

285wannab

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:17 pm

I think I have the same PC625, S&W did have the same Revolver with a 5" barrel available.  If you can source this special 5" PC barrel, the swap will be pretty easy for a Revolver Smith.  I have seen the 5" PC revolvers on GunBroker sometime back but do not remember when the factory produced them. It "can" be rebarreled with a factory N-frame .452 barrel BUT will need to be performed by a gunsmith as it will need machining to fit the shorter PC cylinder.  An alternative would be to swap the cylinder and barrel from a 625, still a gunsmith fit but will be easier to perform.

Different options, best bet would be to grab a 5" 625 or 25.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:28 pm

you might contact Joe Leininger, Mojo custom guns

in Michigan, he's been working on PPC guns for decades and might have the barrel you want laying around.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mprince Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Sounds good, thanks for the info.

mprince

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:47 pm

If you find a 6" barrel for your model 15 and would like to find a home for the 4" barrel, please let me know, as I would be interested in it.

Thanks!
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by mprince Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:54 pm

I will, but I am not really sure the condition on it.  I got a Model 14 6" full underlug a few months after I got it and that is what I shoot for DR.

On another note, I did find that that PC model with a 5.25" barrel was the 625-7.  I am going to see if S&W has any of these barrels left.

mprince

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:37 am

There are plenty of barrels on gunbroker and ebay in various conditions. You will still need a gunsmith. Revolver barrels are not drop in parts.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down