Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to modify Mr. Bulletfeeder droppers to use .32acp bullets

+4
Wobbley
Gwenzl
joy2shoot
carykiteboarder
8 posters

Go down

How to modify Mr. Bulletfeeder droppers to use .32acp bullets Empty How to modify Mr. Bulletfeeder droppers to use .32acp bullets

Post by carykiteboarder 5/13/2019, 1:52 pm

Instructions included for both a Rifle (.308) dropper and a 9mm dropper.
Glen
Attachments
How to modify Mr. Bulletfeeder droppers to use .32acp bullets Attachment
32ACP Bullet Dropper.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.1 Mb) Downloaded 115 times
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

How to modify Mr. Bulletfeeder droppers to use .32acp bullets Empty Re: How to modify Mr. Bulletfeeder droppers to use .32acp bullets

Post by joy2shoot 5/13/2019, 2:01 pm

Great info Glen.  I am sure it will be appreciated and well used.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

How to modify Mr. Bulletfeeder droppers to use .32acp bullets Empty Re: How to modify Mr. Bulletfeeder droppers to use .32acp bullets

Post by Guest 5/14/2019, 10:24 pm

Excellent! I've been waiting for someone to come up with these instructions. Thanks Glen - you are a star!

Have you tried to drop 32 HBWC bullets? I guess that it won't work?

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder 5/14/2019, 11:45 pm

radjag wrote:Excellent! I've been waiting for someone to come up with these instructions. Thanks Glen - you are a star!

Have you tried to drop 32 HBWC bullets? I guess that it won't work?
No, I don't use lead bullets in my Pardini.  Without actually testing the lead bullets in the droppers, I'll still give you my best guess... I think the droppers will work.  I have doubts that the Mr. Bulletfeeder Rifle (.308) Mini Six Tube Magazine will fit the .314" lead bullets. The Mr. Bulletfeeter Pistol 9mm Mini Six Tube Magazine will probably work.  The stack of bullets might not be centered and vertical but I think the ball bearings in the dropper tend to center the next bullet to drop.
Glen
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/15/2019, 12:00 am

Very good news. I have one of the 9mm magazines - been using it for 38 super. I'll buy another dropper and have a go at modifying as you suggest. I've tried dropping 32 bullets manually from the magazine and that part seems to work fine. I called Hornady to ask whether they would make a custom 32 size of their collet style dropper, but they were not interested.

I've not yet started reloading 32 S&W Long - shooting my way through a stash of Fiocchi factory ammo in my GSP first, but I've bought some of Zane's bumped bullets and have got all of the dies, etc., ready. The only thing that I'm short of is time!

Really appreciate your development work, comments and advice. Much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwenzl 10/29/2019, 12:12 pm

Searching for a 32 acp bullet feeder die, I ran across this. A big thank you, my first post and going away with a gold mine. Recently started shooting the 32 but don’t like loading those 71 gr almost round projectiles. This should make my reloading much easier and faster.

Not sure yet what die to buy, sounds like the 308 may be the best way to go.... plus this instructions are easier for me to understand.

Thanks again! Hoping to look at this more this evening and get materials ordered tomorrow

Gwenzl

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwenzl 10/29/2019, 2:14 pm

I only have one Mr bullet feeder die (22 caliber) and the rest are hornady (380, 9, 40, & 45).

Thinking about ordering the 9mm and seeing what a 308 dropper would cost to modify it for 32 if it is compatible with the 9mm die body (probably the most expensive piece thinking the die body was made from plastic. Any thoughts if that’d work?

Gwenzl

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 10/29/2019, 2:29 pm

With the Hornady dies (and RCBS, I think) the bullet droppers are plastic based for pistol. The Hornady rifle dies are a different system entirely and short or overly long bullets don’t work well.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwenzl 10/29/2019, 3:24 pm

You might be correct, it’s been long enough ago since I had set all of mine up and or cleaned them that I can’t remember. But I would have bet my Hornady’s was all metal inside and out. The plastic Mr BF shocked my at first but it works really well.

I don’t mind feeding some bullets by hand but these 71 gr, 32 berrys plated are a pain to pickup. Wouldn’t be so bad if they was just a round ball 😂

Gwenzl

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 5/11/2020, 9:20 pm

Folks, sorry to resurrect the old thread but I'm wondering if anyone had successfully performed this mod. I got the .308 Mr Bulletfeeder die and I'm trying to feed .314 T&B coated bullets. It kinda works but it constantly drops two bullets instead of one until there are two or three bullets left in the die. How do I fix it?

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 5/11/2020, 9:21 pm

I just 3d printed a .32 bullet feeder die. Works great
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 5/11/2020, 9:23 pm

Hmm, that may be an option but I don't have a 3d printer. Would you be able to make one for me?

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 5/11/2020, 9:49 pm

Look up a fella on Facebook named Karl Bibb.  He will be able to hook you up.  Pretty inexpensive from what I understand.
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by robert84010 5/11/2020, 9:52 pm

I'm pretty sure the drop adjustment is controlled by setting at the toolhead. adjust it up until it no longer drops a bullet and adjust down until it only drops one. I just went through this with mine.

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 5/11/2020, 10:41 pm

yep, I did just that, adjusted it up until bullets stop dropping, and then slowly turned it down until it started dropping bullets again. I still get two at a time.
I suspect it may be because the inner bevel I created with the reamer is not deep enough.

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 5/12/2020, 12:23 pm

Okay, the problem with dropper seems to be solved, I just reamed the tube a bit further and now it seems to consistently drop only one bullet at a time. Now I realized I need to manufacture custom tube with switch, because I don't feel like spending $100 on Mr. Bullefeeder dropper assembly - but if I'm not successful, that's what I will have to do...

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 5/12/2020, 1:09 pm

Seek Karl Bibb. He can print anything. He coached me a bit and I ended up printing a entire bullet feeder as well as the appropriate dies to work with it. Spent 200 on the 3d printer and it’s been the best investment for mt shooting and reloading needs!
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 5/12/2020, 1:11 pm

lablover wrote:Seek Karl Bibb. He can print anything. He coached me a bit and I ended up printing a entire  bullet feeder as well as the appropriate dies to work with it. Spent 200 on the 3d printer and it’s been the best investment for mt shooting and reloading needs!
Well, the only problem is, I'm not on Facebook Smile And despite being a computer geek I really don't want to go down this rabbit hole. So I don't have any ways to contact Karl.
I'm seriously thinking about getting a 3d printer. Which model did you get?

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 5/12/2020, 1:19 pm

Creality ender 3

If you get one I’ll send you all the files you need
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 5/12/2020, 1:20 pm

Awesome, thanks! I think I am going to go ahead and bite the bullet Smile

javaduke

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 5/12/2020, 1:34 pm

Shop around for sure. 3D printer costs have gone up a little since the Covid thing
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 5/12/2020, 2:06 pm

Also, be prepared for very long prints like a bullet feeder
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 5/12/2020, 5:52 pm

I just loaded 1200 32 acp with an adapted 308 Mr bulletfeeder mini. Worked great!

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down