Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rapid Fire POV (Point of View) Video

+5
DA/SA
joy2shoot
CR10X
chopper
dronning
9 posters

Go down

Rapid Fire POV (Point of View) Video Empty Rapid Fire POV (Point of View) Video

Post by dronning Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:57 pm

This gives you a good idea on accepting your wobble 100-4X (I think).

dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Rapid Fire POV (Point of View) Video Empty Re: Rapid Fire POV (Point of View) Video

Post by chopper Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:48 pm

I liked this video the first time I saw it, makes me get out the irons and go to the range and try duplicating the center hold. I need lots of practice keeping the trigger moving with irons. Lose trust and hold too long so I adjust sights and go back to sub six, then fall back to holding too long all over again.
Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Rapid Fire POV (Point of View) Video Empty Re: Rapid Fire POV (Point of View) Video

Post by CR10X Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:59 am

It is a great video.  One thing video really can't capture is visual focus that the shooter had on the front sight.  He could probably see and count the serrations on the front sight blade.

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:56 am

My cataracts have gotten to the point where I can no longer reliably use a red dot (until I can have cataract surgery).  So, I will be using irons, which I have not done before in Bullseye.  I can hope that I do as well as the individual in the video.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:15 pm

Great video! (I study it a couple times a day)

I'm not sure that I would even consider that "wobble".

I wish I was anywhere near that steady!
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by TomH_pa Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:26 pm

Third post down in this thread Jon Eulette comments on this video

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t8110-good-sight-alignment-video?highlight=amu+video

TomH_pa

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:22 pm

TomH_pa wrote:Third post down in this thread Jon Eulette comments on this video

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t8110-good-sight-alignment-video?highlight=amu+video
Really good stuff - Video and Jon's comment. One thing he mentioned stood out, that I do, but didn't realize it. When you get behind in rapid fire, you don't catch up by pulling the trigger faster, you catch up by starting the trigger pull earlier. I have to remember that when people ask.

Thanks Jon!
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Don't know when AMU fielded this camera (which is great!) but tri color cammies and video quality leads me to believe this video was shot between 1993 and 2003.
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:07 am

adminbot1911 wrote:Don't know when AMU fielded this camera (which is great!) but tri color cammies and video quality leads me to believe this video was shot between 1993 and 2003.

That's probably right. I remember seeing it in SAFS in 2004 or 2005.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by IT1 Wes Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:01 am

dronning wrote:This gives you a good idea on accepting your wobble 100-4X (I think).

Speaking of dry firing, has anyone tried the Mantis X dry firing training system? They're up to the X 10 version which tracks your live firing at the range, but you can still get the X2 version for in home only dry firing. It's only $99. It does require some sort of rail or sight mount.
IT1 Wes
IT1 Wes

https://bookspublicdomain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down