Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

locked wrist

5 posters

Go down

locked wrist Empty locked wrist

Post by binski 2/19/2013, 1:43 pm

Hey board.This my first post here.Old shooter coming from high power rifle.I've been messing with some pistol shooting lately,and talked my son into using his Gold Cup, until I can get a pistol to have built into a Bullseye gun.I"ve been shooting air pistol most of this winter indoors and have seen a little,(very little),improvement so far.I looked with the search tool but can't find anything on what is or how do you get a locked wrist?I figured I better get it right before I go much further. Thanks binski

binski

Back to top Go down

locked wrist Empty Re: locked wrist

Post by DavidR 2/19/2013, 3:40 pm

have you read the articles on the bullseye encyclopedia, a link to it is in the forum header, tips from all the past and present tops in the sport.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by binski 2/19/2013, 5:00 pm

Hi Dave.Thats kind of why I'm asking.Most of the articles mention,that you should lock your wrist!But I'm not sure that I am doing it right.Is it just tightening your grip pressure?What I'm doing is,grip the pistol then almost tip barrel forward or down.Want to get it right before I get to far in to this. Thanks binski

binski

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 2/20/2013, 9:45 am

everybody's individual hold is unique, the important thing is being able to work the trigger finger without moving the other fingers, practice will tell you what works best for you.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

locked wrist Empty can you?

Post by FredB 2/20/2013, 10:44 am

There are fundamental questions of anatomy involved. IMHO, you can lock your knees or your elbows, but you shouldn't, and you can't lock your wrist, but you should. The wrist simply is not constructed so it can be truly locked. However it should be kept as rigid as possible, which I suppose is what people mean when they say to "lock" it. The problem with using that word is that people tend to take it literally and search for some wrist position/angle that feels "locked". There is an extremely drooped position that gives that illusion, but you will find that it's not consistent, and it's certainly not useful for Bullseye. I think DavidR gave the best practical advice on this topic - keep your wrist as rigid as possible in the way that works best for you.

FredB

FredB

Back to top Go down

Post by fredw4 3/18/2013, 7:39 pm

Try this link and go about half way down the article and there are two sections on "fixing the wrist". Good luck.

http://www.pilkguns.com/anatoli.shtml

fredw4

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales 3/19/2013, 3:37 pm

Think of it as firm instead of locked. Adjust the arm at the shoulder and not at the joints between there and the gun.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by binski 3/19/2013, 9:38 pm

I was at the range today and used two different methods of gripping the pistol.My old way with a forward canted wrist worked OK with a reddot sighted .22.But not worth a darn with my .45.So I went back to gripping very firmly with both guns.I have to ramp up the training.My first try at Bullseye is still 5 weeks out,and I'm still working on loads for the match. binski

binski

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down