Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruger Mk III Ransom Rest Results (with pic)

3 posters

Go down

Ruger Mk III Ransom Rest Results (with pic) Empty Ruger Mk III Ransom Rest Results (with pic)

Post by dstates Fri May 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Well, I just found out last week that the range I shoot at has a ransom rest. The grip adapters that are installed on the rest are for a 1911, but I was able to make it work with my Ruger. I shot two groups of 5 shots with CCI SV at 50 yards; one had a group of 2 1/8 inches and the other 2 5/8 inches. I'm assuming that is decent for a pretty much stock Ruger and reletively inexpensive ammo. The only thing I've done to my pistol is to replace the hammer bushing and magazine disconnect with a Tandemcross bushing. It is a Ruger Mk III Target Competition model.
Attachments
Ruger Mk III Ransom Rest Results (with pic) Attachment
IMG_5156_reduced.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(123 Kb) Downloaded 47 times

dstates

Back to top Go down

Ruger Mk III Ransom Rest Results (with pic) Empty Re: Ruger Mk III Ransom Rest Results (with pic)

Post by Dr.Don Fri May 17, 2013 5:16 pm

I owned a Ransom rest for years. They are great but tricky to use and get consistent results with. The fact that you used a non-fitting adapter makes me feel your real accuracy may be considerably better than what you got in this test.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Ruger Mk III Ransom Rest Results (with pic) Empty Re: Ruger Mk III Ransom Rest Results (with pic)

Post by Al Sun May 19, 2013 11:58 am

dstates,
Like Don, I've been using my RR for over 10 years and yes, your results may have been compromised by the ill fitting grip adaptors. I've tested nearly a dozen MKII's and have found, without exception, that they will shoot 1 1/2" 10 shot groups or less with any good SV ammo (CCI being one of the good ones) and hovering around and inch with stuff they like.

While all lots of CCI SV are a bit different in accuracy in different firearms, I've had very good results with their reliability, to the point of being my exclusive ammo for sustained fire. I've put close to 20K of CCI SV downrange and to date have had exactly 1 dud.

Your ammo choice is just fine. Shoot it and practice, practice, practice.
Al

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down