Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot

5 posters

Go down

Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot  Empty Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot

Post by Bullseye10X 10/8/2013, 2:10 am

Just thought I would let you guys know, MidwayUSA is running a sale on the Bushnell TRS-25 red dot sight.

$85 with FREE shipping.  Sale runs until the end of October.  This is a pretty good deal.  Normally these are $100 sights, plus shipping, so you're easily saving $25.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/593456/bushnell-trophy-trs-25-red-dot-sight-1x-25mm-3-moa-dot-with-integral-weaver-style-mount-matte

Admins and mods, if this type of post is prohibited, please delete.  I have no affiliation with Midway, I just thought I would pass it along.

Bullseye10X

http://bullseyepistol.com/

Back to top Go down

Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot  Empty Re: Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot

Post by rvlvrlvr 10/8/2013, 9:02 am

Might be better placed in the Commercial section.

As to the sight itself, it seems to be decent. I have one on my 'loaner' Ruger 22/45. The 1/2moa adjustments seem a little coarse (I'm used to my preferred UltraDots, where adjustments are 1/4moa), and the 3moa dot seems a bit smaller than I'm used to (again, UltraDot is 4moa). It does seem to be robust enough.

Last edited by rvlvrlvr on 10/8/2013, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
rvlvrlvr
rvlvrlvr

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 10/8/2013, 9:22 am

rvlvrlvr wrote:Might be better placed in the Commercial section.

.....The 1/2moa adjustments seem a little coarse (I'm used to my preferred UltraDots, where adjustments are 1/4moa), .....
UltraDots are listed as 1 MOA.  I had to look because I thought they were but then I wasn't positive.

Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by rvlvrlvr 10/8/2013, 11:05 am

dronning wrote:
rvlvrlvr wrote:Might be better placed in the Commercial section.

.....The 1/2moa adjustments seem a little coarse (I'm used to my preferred UltraDots, where adjustments are 1/4moa), .....
UltraDots are listed as 1 MOA.  I had to look because I thought they were but then I wasn't positive.

Dave
Ah, you're right. For some reason I thought it was 1/4. In that case, it makes the Bushnell TRS-25's adjustments finer than the UltraDots. Hmm.
rvlvrlvr
rvlvrlvr

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Lang 10/8/2013, 11:35 am

I have been shooting with a TRS-25 for about 6 months and have the following observations:
Con-
The projector mechanism extends into the viewing area at the 4 o'clock position. This makes it harder to center the dot. The dot is a little larger than I like. There are no discernible clicks on the windage or elevation screws.
Pro-
The weight is directly over my fist and the balance feels good. Not-so-knowledgeable shooters think it's an Aimpoint Micro Laughing 
JMHO
Larry Lang
Larry Lang

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye10X 10/10/2013, 11:49 pm

Yeah, that projector is a bit distracting, I'll give you that.  When I first bought it, I thought the site was broken!  Now, I hardly even notice it.

My W/E adjustments DO have a click.  Perhaps yours is a newer model?  I've had mine for over a year.

I accidentally dropped the gun and sight from a chair onto a tile floor.  Kept zero and is keeping zero no problem with over 1500 rounds through my gun.

If I could change one thing about the sight, it would be to locate the battery compartment some other place.  It's a bit difficult to unscrew the cover without turning the dot brightness knob.

Bullseye10X

http://bullseyepistol.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rfmiller 10/11/2013, 5:43 pm

I bought one used and put it on my K-38 which I regularly use for centerfire.  It has been in use for about 1 1/2 years.  At one point the dot started disappearing but that was solved with a new battery.  It is not as nice as a Match Dot, but the price is right.

rfmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down