Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rotating the shooting elbow down?

3 posters

Go down

Rotating the shooting elbow down? Empty Rotating the shooting elbow down?

Post by Docmedic Mon May 13, 2024 8:21 am

Watching the few Youtube videos of bullseye shooters, I see that higher level shooters while building their position will over rotate their shooting arm  using the weight of the gun then rotate pistol with their wrist to square the sites to their eyes. I'm assuming they are doing this to keep the elbow under pointing down for better recoil control? Also when you stiffen the shooting arm, are you engaging your tricep muscle to pull your arm into place to minimize sight wobble?

Docmedic

Back to top Go down

Rotating the shooting elbow down? Empty Re: Rotating the shooting elbow down?

Post by Centerline Mon May 13, 2024 9:26 am

Centerline

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Mon May 13, 2024 5:56 pm

I personally start the gun angled to the left (right handed shooter) and then rotate the gun clockwise (as you are looking at it from behind) as I lower it to my line of sight. I like the gun to be vertical at least when I start a string of fire. This makes my elbow align straight down so I don’t intentionally put it that position for a purpose.
  I like my arm locked straight but I don’t exert a ton of force to make that happen.  My arm locks without straining muscles and I consciously hold the arm in position with my shoulder muscles.  Basically I picture my arm suspended by my shoulder. The general rule is to not use muscle strength to support the shooting position as they will fatigue over the course of a match.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down