Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VR bullseye training

2 posters

Go down

VR bullseye training  Empty VR bullseye training

Post by Docmedic 5/14/2024, 6:46 pm

So something I have incorporated into my training has been both dryfire and VR fire. So I'm not sure how many people have heard of AceXR but it was a program that was designed really for IPSC/USPSA action shooters but in the game modes you can do precision shooting. The system comes with a 3D printed pistol that shape as a P320 that you attach a meta controller on top of and trigger breaks around 4lbs. Heres a 2 min clip of me attempting to hit a 25yard (virtual) target.

https://youtu.be/lA_BwQAVt0Y

Docmedic

Back to top Go down

VR bullseye training  Empty Re: VR bullseye training

Post by SteveT 5/18/2024, 11:14 am

I like the potential for this and I would love to see how it works for you. Please keep us informed, but I don't think I will be getting one right now.

First I wonder about the accuracy / repeatability of the system. I don't think it can measure movement at the level that we need for bullseye. I could be wrong.

I'd like to see targets closer to what we see in bullseye. I doubt it would be that much work, but can understand that we are a tiny part of their market and more options increases support effort exponentially.

Finally, you can get a Mantis for about the annual subscription fee, which I suspect will provide as good or better feedback, although without the cool (or nerdy) factor and at $200 for the gun, $500 for a headset plus $200 per year it is nearly the cost of a SCATT or Rika home trainer which will provide much better feedback for our game.

But I don't want to discourage anyone from trying it out. Any good practice is better than no practice.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down