Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRESISION DELTA

+5
mbmshooter
chiz1180
Wobbley
james r chapman
Cmysix
9 posters

Go down

PRESISION DELTA Empty PRESISION DELTA

Post by Cmysix Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:30 pm

I have a chance to get a couple of thousand of these in a trade, any good? anybody shoot them  .45 ACP FMJ 230 grain
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

PRESISION DELTA Empty Re: PRESISION DELTA

Post by james r chapman Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:43 pm

Why beat yourself up? Just askin
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:02 pm

Maybe they will work but the recoil is much more than 185 gr JHP. They could be good for training, but the recoil is more. They’d accurate enough.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:20 pm

Shoot em up! If 230s are not your thing pass them on to someone else.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:30 pm

james r chapman wrote:Why beat yourself up? Just askin
I could also ask, "why shoot the Garand when the AR-15 is available"?  The recoil of the Garand is significantly greater than the AR.  Some folks simply enjoy the tradition of shooting the 230gr FMJ ammo to honor the decades in which is was the REQUIRED ammo for the P100, NTI, NTT and all EIC competitions.
Just because the CMP now allows all "safe ammo" including LEAD projectiles doesn't mean you have to use them.  At least, that's my opinion.

Mike

mbmshooter

cdrt, Multiracer, Cmysix and MkFiji like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:54 pm

mbmshooter wrote:
james r chapman wrote:Why beat yourself up? Just askin
I could also ask, "why shoot the Garand when the AR-15 is available"?  The recoil of the Garand is significantly greater than the AR.  Some folks simply enjoy the tradition of shooting the 230gr FMJ ammo to honor the decades in which is was the REQUIRED ammo for the P100, NTI, NTT and all EIC competitions.
Just because the CMP now allows all "safe ammo" including LEAD projectiles doesn't mean you have to use them.  At least, that's my opinion.

Mike
On the AR-15 comment, the AR has more adjustable ergonomics than a Garand completely different animal than projectile weight. 
The mentality that is perpetuated that Service pistol matches are not what they once were needs to stop. Regardless of equipment and ammo it is a good thing that people have the drive to participate in a challenging sport, talking down to people who are not doing it the way you did hurts the sport period, and that is exactly what you are doing here. If one wants to shoot 230 FMJs great! If one want to shoot 200 swc, great! It is more constructive to help people succeed with what is available to them than to tell them they need to do it your way.
chiz1180
chiz1180

OHitt, RoyDean, Cmysix and MkFiji like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:10 pm

cmysix,

Not sure whether you are referring to bullets or ammo. Either way, find a Run & Gun shooter who needs such bullets/ammo to make power factor and use the proceeds' to buy Zero 185JHP bullets/ammo. You will thank me in due course! You can even "load down" the 185JHP and still get X-ring performance at 50 yards with quite mild recoil impulse.

Leave that full power Ball ammo to the folks who choose to beat themselves up with it!

IMHO

RoyDean

chiz1180 and Cmysix like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:05 pm

If I’m not mistaken cmysix does action shooting more so than bullseye so for his purposes these bullets would work well.  Precision Delta was a well regarded brand but I haven’t heard much mention of them recently so not sure of their current status.  

Good luck.
John

John Dervis

Cmysix likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmysix Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:00 am

Mr. Dervis you do have a memory! YES! I do IDPA and USPSA so shooting 230 grain makes it easier to meet power factor without splitting hairs, That being said I have been shooting COATED  230 grn rnbb From DG bullets in WI. I'm getting these at the same price or lower then coated, I have also bought 185 grn BBNLG SWC but I'm a novice and one day I'm tearing up the X ring like Jim Clark SR. and the next I can't keep it on paper, I'm reading everything I can B. Martindale's book and others, I am in Auburn Al and have been looking for a league or a mentor and Yes I need to go to Magic city north of Birmingham AL. but that at least 2 hours drive one way. and yes 2 minutes after I made the post I DID use the search bar and saw Wobbley's post on these bullets and the factory.  I am getting older but I am a very large man and the recoil does not seem to bother me to much, but I'm feeling it in my trigger finger and can't figure that out?  I really at this point know if it's the bullet or me?
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:13 am

"230 gr bullets, too much recoil"...... 2.8 gr (of whatever pdr) makes a nice short line load..... As long as the load is safe.       Distinguished?  Where are the asterisks?

Ron Habegger

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by noylj Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:57 am

PD make great bullets, almost as good as Zero.
Some people shoot 230 gr because that is what Browning chose, not realizing that Browning originally loaded 200gr. US Army said they wanted bullet closer to the 250 gr 45Colt, so we got 230gr.
I have had arthritis in my wrists since my twenties and a 1911 firing 230gr bullets twists and hurts my wrist, so almost all I shoot are swaged or cast 200gr L-SWC.
Never had an issue with 260+ gr bullets in 45 Win Mag.

noylj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down