Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trigger length

5 posters

Go down

trigger length Empty trigger length

Post by tonyd12 6/17/2024, 10:36 am

How do you measure a trigger length for a 45?
Short ,long, medium  length

tonyd12

Back to top Go down

trigger length Empty Re: trigger length

Post by chiz1180 6/17/2024, 11:55 am

If you are referring to the trigger and trigger bow assembly, you typically can just eyeball it.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 6/18/2024, 8:36 pm

Length is at the point it works best for you. Some 2650 shooters actually have the trigger on the first joint. They usually have very short triggers.  I also know a 2650 shooter that uses the tip of the finger. If your like most of us the mid way between the first joint and finger end is used. Finger pad is parallel with the trigger face. Too long a trigger will result in pushing the to the side and too short will result in pulling the trigger to the opposite side both will add drag.

Froneck

mbmshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down

trigger length Empty trigger

Post by tonyd12 6/19/2024, 11:09 am

I am trying to find a dimension size between the different lengths, short medium and long. I dont want to order all three just to eyeball them. 
I think i want a small but dont know how to measure the differences.,

tonyd12

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 6/19/2024, 11:29 am

Shows dimensions in description

Click on link

james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DK 6/19/2024, 12:59 pm

I recently purchased two of the medium length Greider Precision triggers that Jim referenced above.  The 2-1/8” dimension listed is measured from the back of the bow to the face of the trigger along the CENTERLINE of the bow.  Hopefully that adds some context to the published dimension.

For reference, I have a large hand with short fingers and the medium length allows me to position the first joint of my finger at the right edge of the trigger.

One last thought:  The solid trigger allows you to shorten it to fine tune the fit if you are handy with a file or Dremel type tool.  At $17, it is nicely made but that price makes me less nervous about whittling on it if necessary.

Dave

Last edited by DK on 6/19/2024, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification and grammar)

DK

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 6/20/2024, 7:56 pm

DK is correct. All triggers I buy are solid long length. Solid can easily be shortened, 3/4" wide half-round file works good though having machinery I trim the length in my Jig Borer or milling machine. However a file does a good job. Later if holes are required to decorate or what ever they can be drilled. But for my guns I make them from Aluminum Bronze.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down