Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Enterprises

+2
SingleActionAndrew
PhotoEscape
6 posters

Go down

Summer Enterprises Empty Summer Enterprises

Post by PhotoEscape 9/5/2024, 8:59 am

As of this morning Summer Enterprises resumed business under new ownership.  Terry Bishop took over manufacturing equipment and existing inventory that was transferred to him by Donny.  Current link to the website is the same - https://summersenterprisesllc.com/

In the past couple weeks I've communicated with Terry multiple times over the phone and via exchanging texts.  Donny found a great successor, IMHO!

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Hawkja, djperry2, chiz1180, SingleActionAndrew and jmoore like this post

Back to top Go down

Summer Enterprises Empty Re: Summer Enterprises

Post by SingleActionAndrew 9/5/2024, 6:41 pm

Thanks for sharing!

I notice the several 38 and 45 bullets I looked at say 18 BNH. Seems high for our use. Or is that not an issue?
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC 9/5/2024, 6:46 pm

SingleActionAndrew wrote:Thanks for sharing!

I notice the several 38 and 45 bullets I looked at say 18 BNH. Seems high for our use. Or is that not an issue?
I have shot a ton of Missouri's 155gr bullets at 18 (advertised) with 4.2gr of N310 pushing them at about 815fps without issue.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodger Barthlow 9/6/2024, 8:25 am

The only difference in hardness is that it means you can push them faster without leading issue. I have used cast bullets made out of Linotype lead metal and you can't get much harder than that and it shoots good if you push it a little faster. 9mm 38 Super shooters can benefit from harder cast bullets.
Rodger Barthlow
Rodger Barthlow

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis 9/6/2024, 3:07 pm

The only time I have had leading issues was when I used bullets marketed as "Hard Cast".  This was way back when I first started reloading and was loading for .38 spl.  I was using a traditional Bullseye load of 2.7 BE and with these hard bullets I had streaks of lead down the barrel.  My theory is that the lead was too hard and wouldn't deform/compress (whatever it does when the powder is ignited) so it would let the hot gases pass along side and melt the sides of the bullet. I was inexperienced at that time so maybe there was a different cause or maybe I could have overcome it with a tighter crimp or something but my simple solution was to change bullets to Star (and later Zero) and I have never had a leading issue since. 
  I think hard bullets have their place but light loads are probably not their best use.

John

John Dervis

BE Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rush223 9/6/2024, 3:20 pm

I placed an order yesterday yesterday. Pleasant doing business with him.
Rush

Rush223

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down