Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Set Up My Glock 34 Gen 4 (9mm) for Bullseye Indoor 50'

+2
STEVE SAMELAK
Shepherd Jim
6 posters

Go down

How to Set Up My Glock 34 Gen 4 (9mm) for Bullseye Indoor 50' Empty How to Set Up My Glock 34 Gen 4 (9mm) for Bullseye Indoor 50'

Post by Shepherd Jim Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:05 pm

Hey All --

I have a brand new, stock Glock G34 Gen 4 that I'm hoping to use paper-punching indoors at 50'. I want to set the gun up for accurate competing and have two major constraints:

1) The winter "Postal Bullseye" competition up here in Maine only permits open/iron sights in the centerfire division. The plastic stock sights on the Glock 34 are horrible — I cannot even adjust them for a "zero" at 50'.

What do you all recommend for a metal, adjustable rear sight and "matching" front?

2) My range prohibits shooting jacketed bullets in the indoor pistol range — lead only. Things I've seen online suggest that the stock Glock rifling does not perform well with non-jacketed rounds.

a] Do you guys have anything to say about how successful I'll be shooting Lead Round Nose bullets in my G34? — everything will be sub-sonic!

b] What after-market barrel will be best if the stock rifling won't cut it?

Okay! I do know that a 9mm Glock is not anyone's idea of a high-performing bullseye gun. But, that's what I've got and I'm looking to work within the limitations. 

Jim
Shepherd Jim
Shepherd Jim

Back to top Go down

How to Set Up My Glock 34 Gen 4 (9mm) for Bullseye Indoor 50' Empty Re: How to Set Up My Glock 34 Gen 4 (9mm) for Bullseye Indoor 50'

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:09 pm

I use Champion adjustables on the rear w/ Dawson Precision fronts & am partial to Bar-Sto barrels for lead in my Glocks
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

How to Set Up My Glock 34 Gen 4 (9mm) for Bullseye Indoor 50' Empty Re: How to Set Up My Glock 34 Gen 4 (9mm) for Bullseye Indoor 50'

Post by DavidR Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:37 pm

the glock is not very well suited for what you want from it. Defiantly need to change out the barrel ,KKM is the current favorite for 9mm, not sure if they make one for your glock.  then you still have the fact that lead 9mm not very accurate from what ive read. Topic going now on the BE email list about it.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:07 pm

How to Set Up My Glock 34 Gen 4 (9mm) for Bullseye Indoor 50' Glock_10
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igolfat8 Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:36 am

I have a G35 that I shoot indoors and have a Lone Wolf bbl in it which I shoot home cast range scrap lead boolits from. I wanted a KKM bbl but couldn't find one when I was looking so I ended up with a lower cost LW. My G35 surprisingly accurate despite what many may say about Glock's design inaccuracies. I am almost as accurate with it as I am with my .45 Range Officer.

igolfat8

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:16 pm

Plated bullets like Berry's or Xtreme work in Glock barrels and are not subject to jacketed bullet restrictions at some indoor ranges.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down