Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relation between trigger finger placement and trigger control?

3 posters

Go down

Relation between trigger finger placement and trigger control? Empty Relation between trigger finger placement and trigger control?

Post by beeser 3/29/2015, 10:46 am

I mentioned in another post that my medium-large hands and short fingers make obtaining the proper finger position on the trigger challenging on a 1911.  After fitting a shorter trigger and trying thinner grips I still find myself sometimes pushing shots to the left.  I'm right handed.  Here's my theory why.  Because my trigger finger placement is not quite ideal I think it makes it more difficult to pull the trigger straight back, not impossible but more difficult.  Instead, there's a strong tendency to push the trigger to one side.  And to make things worse, I'm also thinking that a heavy trigger pull exacerbates the problem.  In other words, you end up pushing the trigger to one side even harder.  Make sense?

beeser

Back to top Go down

Relation between trigger finger placement and trigger control? Empty Re: Relation between trigger finger placement and trigger control?

Post by jmdavis 3/29/2015, 11:15 am

You work with your grip in dryfire until you reach the point that this doesn't happen. I have short fingers and I know distinguished men and women with even shorter fingers. Take the time and develop the grip that allows you to activate the trigger without moving the sights. There is some grip that will do that. 

Then you have to actually shoot and control the pistol with that grip. Live fire practice will help with that. Just be assured that people with shorter fingers than you have learned to successfully shoot the 1911 in competition.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Relation between trigger finger placement and trigger control? Empty Re: Relation between trigger finger placement and trigger control?

Post by Froneck 3/29/2015, 11:39 am

First I would find a short trigger, As I've mentioned in other posts my son Adam has short fingers and was shooting the 1911 at 10 years old! His hands were quite a bit smaller then!
 If necessary get a short solid trigger and shorten it!. 1" half round file will work! 3/4" if you want to do it in the gun.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down