Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hornady LNL Bushings

+3
DavidR
james r chapman
Sa-tevp
7 posters

Go down

Hornady LNL Bushings Empty Hornady LNL Bushings

Post by Sa-tevp 4/24/2015, 3:17 pm

The bushing that my powder drop is mounted in tends to rotate and there isn't much room for everything on top of the press. No problem, I work on jet engines. I have just the tool for that:
Attachments
Hornady LNL Bushings Attachment
HornadyLNLbushings.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(127 Kb) Downloaded 23 times
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Hornady LNL Bushings Empty Re: Hornady LNL Bushings

Post by james r chapman 4/24/2015, 3:44 pm

not for Malaysia Airlines by chance???
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 4/24/2015, 3:50 pm

Nope. Ledbetter Air Ways.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 4/24/2015, 4:32 pm

you can also go to hardware store and find a little larger o ring to replace the one it comes with, put a little Vaseline on it and they lock in nice and tight.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by noylj 5/4/2015, 11:03 am

The only problem I have ever had with bushings was one that got loose just like you. The problem is that the powder measure is quite heavy and it jiggle during loading. I simply grabbed another bushing and problem solved.
Look for another bushing with a tighter fit. Be sure the bushing is turned all the way (some even use a wrench). You can also make a shim out of an aluminum can to tighten up things.
You can also call Hornady and get their official shim.

noylj

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 5/4/2015, 12:23 pm

That wire looks rather permanent.  Doesn't that sort of defeat the L-n-L quick change concept?
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 5/4/2015, 12:44 pm

It's safety wire. Easy to remove and install. Easier/faster with safety wire pliers (and being able to see what I'm doing).
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Escape 5/5/2015, 7:18 am

Jack H wrote:That wire looks rather permanent.  Doesn't that sort of defeat the L-n-L quick change concept?

In my humble opinion the whole L-n-L concept is an answer to the question few users ever asked. Sure, I am an old dinosaur but 40+ years of loading lots of ammo on single stage presses never left me thinking about how much time was 'lost' screwing dies into and out of the press. At this point I could buy several more presses for what it would cost to put all my dies in L-n-L bushings.
Sometimes marketing backfires, I like Hornady tools and other stuff but will NOT buy one of their presses just because they all use the Lock-n-Load system.

Bruce

Fire Escape

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 5/5/2015, 9:37 am

Blue Locktite
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 5/6/2015, 7:44 pm

rich.tullo wrote:Blue Locktite

Nope, not applicable. Not enough surface area to work with like threads offer. It also gets in the way of the quick change process.

I like the Lock-N-Load bushings. I wet tumble my brass and it's a breeze to pop out my sizing/depriming die in position one and drop in a universal decapping die to get my used brass ready for tumbling. So far I only reload 45 ACP. If I ran other dies the power drop and the Dillon Charge Checker would be change-over concerns.

In the picture the crimping and seating dies are secured to each other to prevent rotation, then the powder drop die is secured around the crimping die body to the seating die (not allowed in aviation, wire + vibration tends to eat stuff). A quick nip of the dykes and everything is free. No big deal with the safety wire. I got pretty fast with it changing wheels/tires on road racing motorcycles.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by noylj 5/10/2015, 9:29 am

[url=/u1528]Fire Escape[/url]
I thought that same as you--until I tried them.
To me, they are great. When I set up the press and installed the dies, I immediately ordered  two 10-bushing packs and never regretted it.

noylj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down