Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shipping costs / Looking for a local smith

4 posters

Go down

Shipping costs / Looking for a local smith Empty Shipping costs / Looking for a local smith

Post by huntingnt Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:34 pm

I went to ship my 1911 a couple of days ago to a smith to get a trigger job done. I packed the gun in a small pelican case with some foam and took it to FedEx. They told me that Priority from Washington to Nebraska would be $118! Needless to say, I didn't ship.
Does anyone know a good smith in the Pacific NW that can do a great trigger job?
huntingnt
huntingnt

Back to top Go down

Shipping costs / Looking for a local smith Empty Re: Shipping costs / Looking for a local smith

Post by dan allen Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Roddy Toyota is out there somewhere and is quite respected among Bullseye shooters. I am not sure how to get a hold of him but it is a place to start.

dan allen

Back to top Go down

Shipping costs / Looking for a local smith Empty Re: Shipping costs / Looking for a local smith

Post by Founder Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Option B would be to find an FFL in your local area that would be willing to ship for you. Typically they can ship at a lower cost.
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sakurama Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:08 am

I sent you a PM with Roddy's contact info. Super nice guy and is very well respected.
sakurama
sakurama

http://www.gregorhalenda.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down