Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Perry on base lodging

4 posters

Go down

Camp Perry on base lodging Empty Camp Perry on base lodging

Post by hipirn Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:35 am

I am just curious if anyone has had a problem securing on base lodging at Camp Perry for the pistol phase? hipirn

hipirn

Back to top Go down

Camp Perry on base lodging Empty Re: Camp Perry on base lodging

Post by FaisalYamin Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 am

They go fast, I haven't been there for a while. Try contacting the CMP they may be able to help. Until more members join and are able to answer your question.
FaisalYamin
FaisalYamin

Back to top Go down

Camp Perry on base lodging Empty Lodging

Post by hipirn Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:59 am

Thanks for the post. I had heard there were shortages in housing?, I have a hut but one of my partners may be unable to go and was just trying to see if someone may be looking for a spot? I won't know for a few more days about the availability... hipirn

hipirn

Back to top Go down

Camp Perry on base lodging Empty CP Lodging on base

Post by RonHawkins Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:32 pm

I've been going since 2006 and staying in the huts. I always register the day they open for reservation usually end April. However every year I went there were always avail huts.
RonHawkins
RonHawkins

Back to top Go down

Camp Perry on base lodging Empty Lodging on base

Post by Carlos Cancio Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:12 pm

We were unable to secure housing on base even though it was requested at the begginning of April, I'm travelling with 10 additional shooters from Puerto Rico, and not having an option on base resulted in a significant increase in expenses. I was told that there was a shortage of units due to the lack of maintenance.

Carlos Cancio

Back to top Go down

Camp Perry on base lodging Empty Perry Lodging

Post by hipirn Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:40 pm

I live in Ohio a couple of hours from Camp Perry and have attending since the early 1970's and have never understood how our state prioritizes National match housing. Or for that matter decides what housing to make available. At one time their were huts and other housing all over the camp and facilities to support them most of which have disappeared now. The modules ( of which I was never able to secure the use of ) and the "new" barrak's appear to be whats in line for current and future housing, I doubt the "huts" will be with us much longer though they have been modernized a bit.. Time of course will tell.
My point is that a few seem to get or have good luck in sequestering housing, for the rest of us it appears to be the luck of the draw, the exception being range staff and volunteers who do get a little better housing. I have not seen evidence that any particular group or person has been denied available housing. I have heard a few claim they got a hut at the last moment prior to the matches and I don't how that worked?
The National Matches are a great experience and at one time was nearly free (subsidized by the military) to attend, not so anymore. CHANGE, you bet'cha! It Is worth the effort and funds though. Hope to see you their..
hipirn

hipirn

Back to top Go down

Camp Perry on base lodging Empty Re: Camp Perry on base lodging

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down