Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Trigger Shoe!

+3
SteveBrown
Bigtrout
Tim:H11
7 posters

Go down

New Trigger Shoe! Empty New Trigger Shoe!

Post by Tim:H11 Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:51 pm

I'm loving the new shoe I got from Froneck! The Nelson is really proving to be an accurate firearm choice for a rimfire pistol and very reliable now that I got it back from Larry. I did send it back for a go over, cleaning and polishing. I had some reliability issues but they were resolved. Customer service was fast and excellent. No comparison. Same for Froneck and his shoe. Very well made. No tooling marks, and fits perfectly over the trigger with no play in it. Set screws hold it securely. Feels good. I like it. I'm still playing around with it but I like it. Heres a timed fire target I shot (personal best) and a slow fire target that I shot with the Nelson. 

New Trigger Shoe! Spring10

Back to top Go down

New Trigger Shoe! Empty Re: New Trigger Shoe!

Post by Bigtrout Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:41 am

I've got Froenek shoes on my RO9 and S&W 986.  I couldn't imagine shooting BE without them.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBrown Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:09 am

Bigtrout wrote:I've got Froenek shoes on my RO9 and S&W 986.  I couldn't imagine shooting BE without them.

I also use two of Froenek's shoes and they are like works of art!

SteveBrown

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:12 am

I will order one for my harrison medium trigger. I have one on my 52-2
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:28 am

Froneck makes two shoes I know of. A "standard" and an "extra wide" shoe. I have one of each and I'm playing around with the two. For me I don't feel a huge difference between the two. I shoot well with either one. But I am liking the "extra wide" type.

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:40 am

Like your range officer lower with nelson upper,you change the mag catch?
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:02 am

SW-52 wrote:Like your range officer lower with nelson upper,you change the mag catch?

Thank you. No I did not need to change the mag catch. Works good. The only things I changed were the mainspring housing (straight to a wedge although I may go back to a straight) the mainspring is a 20# Wolff spring, the hammer is Wilson Combat, and the disconnector, sear, and sear spring are all Colt. That's all. I may experiment with a medium length trigger. The factory trigger is long I think and I want to see what a shorter length of pull feels like. 

PS - those targets were shot with Federal Auto Match (the bulk grey or tan boxes, maybe 325 rounds to a box). Shot good for cheap ammo!

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:07 am

Tim:H11 wrote:
SW-52 wrote:Like your range officer lower with nelson upper,you change the mag catch?

Thank you. No I did not need to change the mag catch. Works good. The only things I changed were the mainspring housing (straight to a wedge although I may go back to a straight) the mainspring is a 20# Wolff spring, the hammer is Wilson Combat, and the disconnector, sear, and sear spring are all Colt. That's all. I may experiment with a medium length trigger. The factory trigger is long I think and I want to see what a shorter length of pull feels like. 

PS - those targets were shot with Federal Auto Match (the bulk grey or tan boxes, maybe 325 rounds to a box). Shot good for cheap ammo!
Nice.
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:36 am

Thanks Guys Smile I do make them in thinner widths. Some of the top shooters use the trigger in the middle of the first joint, sharp edges dig into finger on both sides so I make an extra narrow shoe with radius on both sides. Have another that's going to be tested soon that has the profile of the finger at the first joint kinda like

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:27 pm

I also love Frank's shoe. I have to go to a short trigger to fit me. Almost couldn't make this one work. The S&W lower has more frame going forward then my RO. It took me awhile to find the sweet spot.

New Trigger Shoe! Dscf1013
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Could someone give me a link to these trigger shoes.  I had no luck Googling it.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:42 pm

I just PM Froneck. Seems to work fine Smile
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:54 pm

LenV wrote:I just PM Froneck. Seems to work fine Smile
Ty.
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down