Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any other match directors having a problem with the NRA

4 posters

Go down

Any other match directors having a problem with the NRA Empty Any other match directors having a problem with the NRA

Post by cdrt Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:08 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the pistol folks sending the packet with the award points, pins and medallions.  I usually get them in advance of the Sectional, but nothing this year and we start tomorrow evening.  I have called and emailed with no response.  And yes, there was snow storm, sort of, but I would have thought they would have sent the stuff out earlier this month.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Any other match directors having a problem with the NRA Empty Re: Any other match directors having a problem with the NRA

Post by Ed Hall Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:30 pm

We received the pins and medals a couple days early, the score cards on the day before and the sanctioning letter packet on the day after the match.  The weather was fair.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Any other match directors having a problem with the NRA Empty Re: Any other match directors having a problem with the NRA

Post by cdrt Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:34 am

I got the sanctioning letter a couple of weeks ago, but nothing since.  I have to go out to the range this afternoon before the mail gets here, to open it up for early registration and practice.  Maybe I'll have something when I get home this evening.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Any other match directors having a problem with the NRA Empty Sectional materials

Post by BrianD Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:35 am

I also start tonight and I received the sanctioning letter but nothing else.

Hope it gets here today but I am not to sure it will be.

BrianD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:42 am

If you guys don't have any of the scorecards from previous years, I have some copies at:

Several Competition Forms

Good Luck with your matches!

Ed Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:23 am

I've got score cards, but it would have been nice to get the other stuff, since we have shooters coming from out of town.  It's a lot easier when I can present the medallions before they leave.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:24 pm

cdrt wrote:I've got score cards, but it would have been nice to get the other stuff, since we have shooters coming from out of town.  It's a lot easier when I can present the medallions before they leave.
I can understand that.  Our medals came from a different source than NRA, directly.  I think they came from somewhere in MD.

Have a good match!

Ed Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by dieselguy624 Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:17 pm

We had our sectional the first weekend in March.  The NRA materials showed up at 5:00 pm Friday afternoon. We had relays Thurs-Sunday.  At least it actually showed up.

dieselguy624

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Final report.  We had 25 competitors.  I was at the range early on Friday for early registration and practice.  My wife texted me, that the materials and medals showed up in the mail and via FedEx.  The points, etc. were mailed on Wednesday, the 15th and the medals were shipped on the 16th.  Since they knew I was going to run a Sectional since last year (I sent the request in in May), I think they cut it a little close.  Oh, and now the medals come wrapped in bubble wrap instead of those nice blue presentation boxes.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:28 am

cdrt wrote:Final report.  We had 25 competitors.  I was at the range early on Friday for early registration and practice.  My wife texted me, that the materials and medals showed up in the mail and via FedEx.  The points, etc. were mailed on Wednesday, the 15th and the medals were shipped on the 16th.  Since they knew I was going to run a Sectional since last year (I sent the request in in May), I think they cut it a little close.  Oh, and now the medals come wrapped in bubble wrap instead of those nice blue presentation boxes.
They cut ours close the last two years.  And, I noticed the medals wrapping, too.  We only had twelve competitors, so we had to return the Silver.  We were able to scrape two teams together, though:  Look for the "Tupper Lake BS'ers (Gold and Silver)."

Ed Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:53 pm

We had three teams, but the Junior team posted the wrong targets for the timed fire stage, so they got a big goose egg.  No matter how many times I tell them to look through their scope to make sure they have the right target, it never seems to stick.

This will be the last Sectional here.  I run a state gallery pistol match and an 1800 the same weekend and it is getting way to complicated.  And someone, some how, did not pay, so we are short $75 in match fees for the three matches.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down