Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problem loading Remington wc's in R/P casesI used a standard belling die and also a Hornady PTX and have the same problem with both.

4 posters

Go down

problem loading Remington wc's in R/P casesI used a standard belling die and also a Hornady PTX and have the same problem with both. Empty problem loading Remington wc's in R/P casesI used a standard belling die and also a Hornady PTX and have the same problem with both.

Post by rebs 1/23/2018, 11:19 am

I found what looks like a problem when loading the Remington's in R/P cases. Looking straight down at the end of the round it looks like the bullet is not centered in the case mouth. It looks like it is off centered just a slight amount.
I am using RCBS dies and seat and crimp in one step. 
What could I be doing wrong ?

rebs

Back to top Go down

problem loading Remington wc's in R/P casesI used a standard belling die and also a Hornady PTX and have the same problem with both. Empty Re: problem loading Remington wc's in R/P casesI used a standard belling die and also a Hornady PTX and have the same problem with both.

Post by Wobbley 1/23/2018, 12:23 pm

I think more info is needed. Loading machine, dies, etc.

However, sometimes dies get misalighned during set up. What helps in these situations is tightening the lock rings with the case in the die and the ram full up...
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

problem loading Remington wc's in R/P casesI used a standard belling die and also a Hornady PTX and have the same problem with both. Empty Re: problem loading Remington wc's in R/P casesI used a standard belling die and also a Hornady PTX and have the same problem with both.

Post by rebs 1/23/2018, 12:40 pm

Hornady LNL Ap progressive, rcbs dies
Could I be over crimping ?

rebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 1/23/2018, 1:10 pm

what is your crimp ?

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 1/23/2018, 2:13 pm

highly suggest you seat and crimp in two separate stages.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by rebs 1/23/2018, 3:05 pm

I think I found what I was doing wrong. Over crimping. I beacked the die out and put a fresh case in position and run it into the die, then lowered the die til it touched the case and turned it slightly more. I now have a .357 crimp and the bullets look perfect.

rebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down