Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norma Tac $39 a brick, free shipping on cases.

+4
Jon Eulette
john bickar
troystaten
zanemoseley
8 posters

Go down

Norma Tac $39 a brick, free shipping on cases. Empty Norma Tac $39 a brick, free shipping on cases.

Post by zanemoseley 4/12/2017, 2:47 pm

If I hadn't just split a case of CCI I'd be all over this. The election has done wonders for .22 ammo availability and prices. 

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/dept/ammunition/rimfire/22-long-rifle?brand=norma¤tpage=1&trk_msg=RQN2MSA7VCL4P0C8EMMVCCNR30&trk_contact=5B5MH8O8QQQPTQ5AL0PGNNM6QS&trk_sid=DECH3SHF8SGL4HVRSBD31DJGFO&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.midsouthshooterssupply.com%2fdept%2fammunition%2frimfire%2f22-long-rifle%3fbrand%3dnorma%26currentpage%3d1&utm_campaign=FLASH+SALE!+Norma+22+LR+Prices+Have+Never+Been+Lower!

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Norma Tac $39 a brick, free shipping on cases. Empty Re: Norma Tac $39 a brick, free shipping on cases.

Post by troystaten 4/14/2017, 12:06 am

Nice to see the price drops, unfortunately after the first of the year in 2018 one will not be able to mail order any ammo in CA.  I think there will be people stocking up by the end of the year.  I love CA but not the bs involving firearms and ammo.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Norma Tac $39 a brick, free shipping on cases. Empty Re: Norma Tac $39 a brick, free shipping on cases.

Post by john bickar 4/14/2017, 12:12 am

troystaten wrote:Nice to see the price drops, unfortunately after the first of the year in 2018 one will not be able to mail order any ammo in CA.  I think there will be people stocking up by the end of the year.  I love CA but not the bs involving firearms and ammo.

03 C&R FFL and a COE. So I'm told.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 4/14/2017, 12:12 am

I just shot Norma Tac for the first time. I shot it through 2 Rugers (ii & iii), a Buckmark, Volquartsen, 208S, Nelson and Marvel. All pistols have match trigger jobs. In my opinion accuracy was marginal but had several failures to extract, some stovepipes and inconsistent powder charges (recoil varied). I personally won't buy it....ever. CCI is my go to cheapy ammo.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 4/14/2017, 12:44 am

On my budget CCI is my most expensive! That or Wolff. I was very pleased with that cheap Federal Auto Match stuff. High Velocity I think but shot great in my Nelson.
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris_La 4/14/2017, 2:04 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:I just shot Norma Tac for the first time. I shot it through 2 Rugers (ii & iii), a Buckmark, Volquartsen, 208S, Nelson and Marvel. All pistols have match trigger jobs. In my opinion accuracy was marginal but had several failures to extract, some stovepipes and inconsistent powder charges (recoil varied). I personally won't buy it....ever. CCI is my go to cheapy ammo.
Jon
My experience with Norma TAC22 and CCI SV is exactly opposite. Case of CCI SV I recently bought is inconsistent and good only for indoor practice at 50'.
Norma TAC22 is almost as good as RWS Target Rifle and SK Stnd+ and good for outdoor rifle practice up to 100m. Neither great for BE or Silhouette matches, but if i had to choose only between two for 25yards, I would shot Norma. Both reliable in my guns, but both under-powered even for standard velocity.

Boris_La

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload 4/14/2017, 3:05 pm

Boris_La wrote:
Jon Eulette wrote:I just shot Norma Tac for the first time. I shot it through 2 Rugers (ii & iii), a Buckmark, Volquartsen, 208S, Nelson and Marvel. All pistols have match trigger jobs. In my opinion accuracy was marginal but had several failures to extract, some stovepipes and inconsistent powder charges (recoil varied). I personally won't buy it....ever. CCI is my go to cheapy ammo.
Jon
My experience with Norma TAC22 and CCI SV is exactly opposite. Case of CCI SV I recently bought is inconsistent and good only for indoor practice at 50'.
Norma TAC22 is almost as good as RWS Target Rifle and SK Stnd+ and good for outdoor rifle practice up to 100m. Neither great for BE or Silhouette matches, but if i had to choose only between two for 25yards, I would shot Norma. Both reliable in my guns, but both under-powered even for standard velocity.

My TAC 22 stove piped in my Nelson the first shot and then ran fine the rest of the time.  I have ran test with a benchrest and Labradar and it is not that bad.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 4/14/2017, 3:23 pm

TAC 22 definitely slower velocity then CCI SV. I shot a match in October and all I had with me was TAC 22. It had ran perfectly before so I wasn't worried. It was 20 degrees colder there then where I normally shoot and I practically shot single shot thru SF. I was lucky and the shooter next to me had a bunch of CCI so I was able to swap him. The CCI ran great for the rest of the match. I take two morals from this match. 1. Always bring some hot stuff just in case. 2. If you forget #1 then shoot next to the local ammo dealer. Smile

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris_La 4/14/2017, 3:44 pm

LenV wrote:TAC 22 definitely slower velocity then CCI SV. I shot a match in October and all I had with me was TAC 22. It had ran perfectly before so I wasn't worried. It was 20 degrees colder there then where I normally shoot and I practically shot single shot thru SF. I was lucky and the shooter next to me had a bunch of CCI so I was able to swap him. The CCI ran great for the rest of the match. I take two morals from this match. 1. Always bring some hot stuff just in case. 2. If you forget #1 then shoot next to the local ammo dealer. Smile

Len

Couple of months ago a club member and new BE shooter next to me had problem with TAC22 in his Buckmark (FTE) during slow fire. Likely to fellow club member, I had a few types of ammo with me and offered him some CCI Minimags, so he was able to reliably complete the match. May not be the most accurate ammo, but at least enough power to operate the stock gun. He liked the game so much and getting ready for tomorrow match with (now) spring-tuned pistol, but I will take some MiniMags with me again just in case.
So LenV, you may have a third option if you decide to shoot match in California. :-)

Boris_La

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten 4/14/2017, 5:21 pm

If your in CA stocking up before the end of the year might be a good idea.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris_La 4/14/2017, 5:29 pm

troystaten wrote:If your in CA stocking up before the end of the year might be a good idea.
I know and well stocked on 22 and components for center-fire.

Boris_La

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down